DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Irrefutable evidence that DJI favors Apple devices

daisy-girl

Reactions
1) The lighting cable that comes pre-installed on the left arm of many Remote Controllers is for specifically Apple phones

2) The iPad Mini 4 slides so perfectly into the arms of many RCs that it's obvious DJI designed them for specifically this Apple product

Those are only two bits of evidence, both of them related to hardware.

MavicPilots are likely aware of many other examples.

Reactions: Atlas and SpitFire
True. And yet I recently switched from iPhone to Android phone and am happy I did so. Shrug.

Reactions: Dw911
if you go to the apple store and search for accessories, under drones, the Alpine White Mavic Pro has the label "Only at Apple". I mean you can buy direct from DJI website. Anyway, I don't think its a big deal.

I had to switch from ios it was so bad i could not fly after ios 11.. I bought a asus zenpad s3 and left android 6 on it and i am very very happy with how it performs..

Reactions: borzoiboy
I used my S8 on my one with no issues at all. Now has my old S6 permanently in the bag, as it has a slightly wider screen. Been down the Apple road with my work phone and while it's good, I wouldn't rush out to change.
Yea, the box makes out it's a one trick pony, but it isn't. (Thankfully).

Reactions: borzoiboy
1) The lighting cable that comes pre-installed on the left arm of many Remote Controllers is for specifically Apple phones

2) The iPad Mini 4 slides so perfectly into the arms of many RCs that it's obvious DJI designed them for specifically this Apple product

Those are only two bits of evidence, both of them related to hardware.
Irrefutable?? The RC also comes with usb cables. In fact, it comes with both usb-b and usb-c, but only one lightning cable. So hardware-wise, advantage Android. And the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 fits perfectly into the RC arms - like it was made for it. You need to look up the definition of 'irrefutable'.

Irrefutable?? The RC also comes with usb cables. In fact, it comes with both usb-b and usb-c, but only one lightning cable. So hardware-wise, advantage Android. And the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 fits perfectly into the RC arms - like it was made for it. You need to look up the definition of 'irrefutable'.
Was just about to post this exact message.

The “made for iPhone” message on the back of the box is pretty irrefutable....

"Made for iphone" is just an Apple approval scheme - if you want your device to connect with an iOS device you have to be authorised by Apple and include some authentication hardware from them. Google "apple mfi" for more info. Doesn't mean that it favours apple devices particularly.

Reactions: Kilrah

My point is that, of the cables supplied, it's the one for Apple products that is pre-installed.

The “made for iPhone” message on the back of the box is pretty irrefutable....
It's just branding by Apple, you have to get certified by them to connect a wire in their devices, and once you are you should apply that message. The only reason there isn't an android equivalent is... that no Android equivalent exists.

This is just a stupid thread, really, who cares whose cable is pre-installed. Apple is the single largest manufacture of smart phones, why wouldn’t DJI select Apple cable by default???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent