DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Irresponsible people.

Soundtekk

Reactions
I have just been looking on Farcebook at Mavic pages. Jeez, no wonder we are in trouble. People in the forum are generally really good, there are others, outside, who have a whole new view on the laws governing our pastime.

For example, there is a guy who too a picture from 1634ft over Corfu. Not clever!

Police or not, what do we collectively think....

I think there are two separate issues here. Firstly, with the massive rise in availability and popularity of drones, you've got hundreds of people who buy them and fly them straight out of the box, without having any idea that there are regulations governing their use. A lot of these people break the law out of ignorance, rather than intentionally.
Then secondly, you've got the people who's attitude seems to be "....I spent a lot of money on this, and no-one's going to #%*#ing tell me where I can fly my drone !!..."

Unfortunately, in the UK we seem have much stricter regulations regarding flying in urban areas than they do in the US, so it's harder to create interesting videos of, for example, your local area without breaking the rules. On the other hand we've got a lot of beautiful countryside, and many people on this site have posted great videos showing what can be achieved within the rules.

One thing's for sure...if you comment on a video, pointing out it's breaking the law, you'll get some people agreeing with you, but other people screaming.."DRONE POLICE !" :);)

I have just been looking on Farcebook at Mavic pages. Jeez, no wonder we are in trouble. People in the forum are generally really good, there are others, outside, who have a whole new view on the laws governing our pastime.

For example, there is a guy who too a picture from 1634ft over Corfu. Not clever!

Police or not, what do we collectively think....

The FB Mavic forum seems to be the worst of them all but it is FB after all .:(

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242