DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is a DJI Mini 3 on his way for this summer?

Cristagally

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a drone for my birthday in one month. It will probably be a mini 2, since the Air 2 is still expansive.
The mini 2 is probably the right choice for me, as I'm a beginner, (never had a drone before).

I was looking for the "follow me" feature, especially to follow me on MTB, but for what I saw on youtube, it works only if the rider is not going full speed. I'm living in a rocky area, with a very orietated downhill riding style. So I'm pretty sure I will spend my time going down and wait for the drone to follow me or check if it didn't lost my track.

I've heard some rumors about a new Mini 3, announced perhaps soon (check here: https://www.techadvisor.com/news/gadget/dji-mini-3-3804793/ )
But it's still rumors.

So, what do you guys think? Should I wait a month or more, or justwait for an updated version?

Thanks for your advice.

Reactions: Itzmyobsession
None of us would ever buy any tech equipment if we waited for the next version. I imagine a majority of people on this forum are at least one step behind the latest tech and are all more than satisfied with what we've got.

Reactions: tekgirl02
I could very well be wrong but if the SE ends up being real I don't think they would drop the Mini3 until at least April of next year otherwise they would, potentially, have leftover stock of the MM competing against the SE as well as "last years" Mini2 competing against the Mini3. 4 models of drone ranging from $300 to ( probably)$500( maybe $550 depending on how much new stuff is added) seems like a stretch. But if they wait another say 8 months then the MM is completely gone and replaced by the SE at $300 barebones, the Mini2 could drop to $400 or even stay at the $450 mark and finally the Mini3 at $500 to $550.

Thanks for your reply. It seems it was just rumors at the moment. The follow me is a great plus for me, but i doubt it will be really efficient where I ride. I will probably go for a mini 2, or just wait a bite more for a price drop on the air 2 which is perfect for me!

My prediction...
They'll release the Mini 3 once they've successfully upgraded the camera and added remote ID (while keeping sub 250 grams).
A lot of part 107 folk are waiting for a capable small drone with remote ID to be able to fly over crowds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE