DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone paying attention to TFR 1/1155 over DC?

CanyonRunVideos

Reactions
ALERT! ALERT! The reason why are all of the airplanes that are currently flying around Washington D.C. is because the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) placed a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) over the entire Washington D.C. area. This is the largest TFR that I have ever seen before. Here are the details directly from the FAA: FDC 1/1155 ZDC DC .. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS, WASHINGTON, DC. EFFECTIVE 1101102040 UTC [1:11pm 1/12/2021 EST] UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THIS NOTICE WILL REPLACE NOTAM 0/9463 DUE TO TECHNICAL ERROR, NO CHANGES IN RESTRICTIONS. PURSUANT TO TITLE 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS. A. EXCEPT FOR FAA APPROVED DOD, LAW ENFORCEMENT, AND WAIVERED LIFEGUARD/AIR AMBULANCE FLIGHTS, ALL VFR AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS WITHIN 30NM OF 385134N/0770211W OR THE WASHINGTON /DCA/ VOR/DME, FROM THE SURFACE UP TO BUT NOT INCLUDING FL180 [18,000 feet], ARE RESTRICTED TO AN INDICATED AIRSPEED OF 180 KNOTS OR LESS, IF CAPABLE. IF UNABLE, THE PILOT MUST CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE ATC FACILITY AND ADVISE THEM OF THE AIRCRAFT'S OPERATIONAL LIMITATIONS. B. ALL VFR AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS WITHIN THE AIRSPACE BETWEEN 30 NMR AND 60 NMR [Nautical Mile Radius OF 385134N/0770211W OR THE WASHINGTON /DCA/ VOR/DME, FROM THE SURFACE UP TO BUT NOT INCLUDING FL180, ARE RESTRICTED TO AN INDICATED AIRSPEED OF 230 KNOTS OR LESS, IF CAPABLE. IF UNABLE THE PILOT MUST CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE ATC FACILITY AND ADVISE THEM OF THE AIRCRAFT'S OPERATIONAL LIMITATIONS PRIOR TO ENTERING THE 60 NMR OF THE WASHINGTON /DCA/ VOR/DME. This information is telling all AIRMEN [pilots] to slow their airspeed to less than 180 knots inside the 60-mile radius around Washington D.C.

"THIS IS NOT A DRILL". Go to: skyvector.com, scroll and minimize the map of the USA. Then scroll across to the Washington D.C. area. Move your mouse into the red and yellow area to see the TFR 1/1155 box will open, double click your mouse when you see a new page that shows the same information that I provided above is the in fact the REAL TRUTH. The TFR tells pilots that there is a SPEED LIMIT in the area around and above Washington D.C... until further notice from the FAA.

Shall we discuss about this issue that is currently happening in the United States!
TFR 1.1155 Pic.jpg

Who said anything about politics besides you?

Your response tells me everything about you Sir!
Moderator's comment seemed appropriate to me. I too thought you might be leading into a political discussion based on the quoted sentences.
You did ask if we should discuss, boss gave you a possible reason why it might not be a good idea.

It tells you nothing. I just told you the way it is from the guidelines .
You sir we’re trying to get the thread going in a direction it will not go in. Want to discuss anything about TFR go ahead but to bring
anything into this on the events going on in the US would be political.
Now being you want to call me out on the open forum I will sent you something where we can discuss it.
Guys carry on about the TFR but let it not get political.
Thanks.

it seems a sensible no fly/slow speed zone to me - a major event happening and they want to limit the over flies .... nothing to actually discuss in my book ....

This is pretty simple.
Event happening in less than a week and because current unrest, they want one less thing to worry about.

is that why you typed it LOUDLY .... sorry couldnt resist ;)

This is not a Rabbit Hole you want to go down.

In regards to the TFR you are discussing:

The TFR is in place for very valid reasons (several of them actually). The FAA and Emergency Services are doing exactly what is not only expected of them but directed to be done by the Powers in Charge.

Just for "kicks & grins" let's list a few of the reasons (that we know of) that they are adding these "Control Zones":

• Presidential Inauguration planned in under a week
  • Lots of out of town "dignitaries" will be in the area
  • Lots of "peaceful protestors" in the area
  • Lots of intel suggest "less than peaceful" protests could erupt in the area
  • What event/timing can you think of that would be a bigger target and get the more "publicity" than hitting the Nation's Capitol during such an event? I'm talking about not only domestic "attacks" but

Exactly what would you suggest as a means to control any threats from the air in that area? If a TFR, what size would you suggest? I mean we have thousands and thousands of NG troops activated and in that area (I know this for a fact it's not an assumption) so why in the world would there NOT be some type of significant TFR put in place overhead?

My simple answer is "Wow!" This forum has reasonable policies and good moderators. We also appreciate the seasoned members that freely assist each other. Thank you to all that calmly replied and de-escalated the post. Not sure how else one would take the initial question. We all need professional refuge that "other stuff" does not enter. Let's keep discussing appropriate topics regarding drones. Well handled...

I used to fly my little Cessna all around the Wash DC/Balto area and TFRs (temporary flight restrictions) are nothing new. Whenever a president or dignitary would be traveling, whenever AirForce One was out, whenever a foreign dignitary came to Camp David, etc. If you wanted to fly in that airspace, you had to be very very careful about watching out for TFR's. If you didn't, you could see a couple F-16s on your wingtip pretty quickly. I know someone that had that happen. TFRs around DC are pretty normal...

In place of training, competency, investigation and professionalism, we have the federal government..
The FAA rubber stamps MCAS (Must Crash Aircraft System) for boeing, and yet they expect respect....... really?..
Haven't seen even one FAA failure go to jail for murder.... until they are all cleaned out, its a dirty rogue agency.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60