DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is buying a used Phantom 4 still worth it?

Gabrial

Reactions
Hello everyone,,
I have the opportunity to buy a used Phantom 4 with 5 batteries and some polar pro lenses, all for $700. Its a great deal, but I understand that the production of Phantom 4 is discontinued and firmware updates are causing them to have issues. Does anyone have any insight on how much longer a Phantom 4 will remain relevant? Thanks.
I should https://openweb.vip/whatsapp-web/ https://19216801.onl/ also mention I have a Phantom 3 standard but it is increasingly difficult flying because of cut-outs in video signal and I am flying it blindly almost the majority of my flight time. That is the biggest reason for a switch but I don't want another drone with these issues.

Last edited:
firmware updates are causing them to have issues
I've never heard of this one. If you don't like the current firmware, you can downgrade to the version you'd like to use.

Hello everyone,,
I have the opportunity to buy a used Phantom 4 with 5 batteries and some polar pro lenses, all for $700. Its a great deal, but I understand that the production of Phantom 4 is discontinued and firmware updates are causing them to have issues. Does anyone have any insight on how much longer a Phantom 4 will remain relevant? Thanks.
I should also mention I have a Phantom 3 standard but it is increasingly difficult flying because of cut-outs in video signal and I am flying it blindly almost the majority of my flight time. That is the biggest reason for a switch but I don't want another drone with these issues.
Do you mean a P4 or a P4 pro, the camera on the pro is a huge difference if you are interested in photography.
The camera on the P4 isn't much different from the one on the P3 standard.
As mentioned above, there is nothing to support what you heard about firmware.
A P4 or P4 pro is a much better drone than the standard which used old-fashioned wifi for connection.
The P4 series use Lightbridge which is 10 times better for signal and control.

Agree with @Meta4.

Also, with the issues you're currently having, if the 4 is in good condition, you cannot beat that price!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair