DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI about to disallow 3rd Party Apps?

Grey Wolf

Reactions
I've read that DJI is about to shut the door on third party apps such as FPV Camera and Autopilot!
Anyone hear differently?
Would be a real shame as the DJI app is way behind the others as far as flying is concerned especially with waypoints!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Blades and Kilrah
That like the National Inquirer .jk
Go App has served me well and never had an issue with any of my
birds and I fly alot but I do not do waypoints .
I see you mention FPV alot but have never checked it out .
I don't see em doing away with third party app's but time
will tell .

Nope the only caveat was for these apps to comply with them.
Not sure of the technical term.
The third party apps had to be updated to be used with new DJI app after all these hacks or work arounds by others.

That sounds dead on .

Seems you did not even read the article. Firstly it's an "opinion" article so only that guy's point of view and not necessarily factual information.

Secondly the only thing regarding third party is that current versions of 3rd-party apps are not able to use the temporary red zone unlocks (and only that) - but that the API has been released so that DJI precisely DO provide a way to make use of them, it just requires the 3rd party app devs to update their apps to include support through the new SDK facilities.

Avoid making big sentionalist titles when you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Seems you did not even read the article. Firstly it's an "opinion" article so only that guy's point of view and not necessarily factual information.

Secondly the only thing regarding third party is that current versions of 3rd-party apps are not able to use the temporary red zone unlocks (and only that) - but that the API has been released so that DJI precisely DO provide a way to make use of them, it just requires the 3rd party app devs to update their apps to include support through the new SDK facilities.

Avoid making big sentionalist titles when you have no idea of what you're talking about.
Of course I read the article in its entirety! Of course I know it was his opinion. When it comes to restrictions of any kind you **** right I'm going to make a mark!
I believe I have had issues with you before over on the Inspire forum!
I would suggest you "chill" out and be less critical of others. It would do you a whole lot of good!

That like the National Inquirer .jk
Go App has served me well and never had an issue with any of my
birds and I fly alot but I do not do waypoints .
I see you mention FPV alot but have never checked it out .
I don't see em doing away with third party app's but time
will tell .
I hope you are right!

Also, Kilrah, it is clear you didn't read my title!
I simply asked "Is DJI doing away with 3rd party apps"?
It wasn't a "sensationalist" headline at all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143