DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI Fly app v1.5.8 available for Smart Controller (first version)?

Ron Fisher

Reactions
I just updated the firmware for the DJI Fly app on my iPhone to the latest version 1.5.8 to use with my Air 2S.
The user interface of this version is much more user-friendly than earlier versions. For instance, the pop-up menus for camera functions are easier to understand and manipulate.
I also own a first version DJI Smart Controller and was hoping that when I downloaded the latest Fly firmware on it that it would be the same as that on the iPhone. The user interface hasn't changed. I'm not sure if this is an Android issue or what. Does anybody know if version 1.5.8 is available and can be dowloaded for use on the Smart Controller?
Thanks in advance for any assistance!

It installed on the new smart controller (RC Pro) without any issue but I don't know if it's backwards compatible to the original SC. I heard those are being phased out?
Might be a moot point, my understanding is; there's now a 1.5.9 revision.

Hopefully somebody here tried it on the original SC and will chime in.

Last edited:
I followed the directions on this older video.
I don't have wifi so I have to use my phone as a hot spot. Hope this works for you.
Hey Casey! I can't thank you enough! It worked! Man... talk about a convoluted process to update the app. There's no way I would have figured that out without the video you provided.
So thanks again and happy flying!

Reactions: WyomingCB
So glad it worked for you. I looked and looked with little luck a few days ago ,till I ran across that video. I'm an old Mac guy and very little of this is intuitive.
........ and happy flying to you!

I am using 1.5.9 on my SC (old version) to control my Air 2 and have not run into any problems.
How and where did you get 1.5.9 ? I've tried it unsuccessfully. Can't get the mirror apk site to work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000