DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI Refresh still an option on a used drone?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Looking at a deal on a used DJI drone combo package

It's listed as "used" and not refurbished, but in working order with all accessories and being sold through an authorized DJI dealer (one that I've purchased all of my DJI products in the past without issue)

Says it comes with a 90 day store warranty (whatever that means), but I'm curious if I'll still be able to add DJI's Refresh?

Most probably ... but then possibly only through the "Video Verification/Customer Upload Information" method ... you find what that's about here --> DJI Care - CUSTOMER UPLOAD INFORMATION

But if this offer is through a authorized DJI dealer, why not ask them..?

Care Refresh should be obtainable withe the Video Verification Process DJI offers. I can't remember how long it is offered after a drone has been activated though. I mean, I don't know if you can still do the video verification after the drone is a year or two years old. I'd have to check their website.

Ok, I just got a reply from an email I sent them yesterday requesting actual photos of the unit (they only have stock photos in the listing)

They said they don't have actual photos because it's located at their shipping warehouse in another state.

Comes with a 30 day return warranty and a 90 day "used" warranty.

Also went on to say that it's ineligible for DJI Refresh, but I'll be contacting DJI directly to confirm.

Looking at a deal on a used DJI drone combo package

It's listed as "used" and not refurbished, but in working order with all accessories and being sold through an authorized DJI dealer (one that I've purchased all of my DJI products in the past without issue)

Says it comes with a 90 day store warranty (whatever that means), but I'm curious if I'll still be able to add DJI's Refresh?
A long time ago, I failed to register a new Mavic Air (Air 1) in the allotted time and had to go through the hoops laid down by DJI to prove air worthiness. They require video of your gimbal stability and other tests. You need to plug the drone into the computer and use their app. It is tedious, but definitely possible so I would go for it You will learn something too by doing all of these tests.

Reactions: 98 SNAKE EATER
A long time ago, I failed to register a new Mavic Air (Air 1) in the allotted time and had to go through the hoops laid down by DJI to prove air worthiness. They require video of your gimbal stability and other tests. You need to plug the drone into the computer and use their app. It is tedious, but definitely possible so I would go for it You will learn something too by doing all of these tests.

OK, so I spoke with DJI Online Support (chat) and they pretty much said the same thing.

DJI Care Refresh can't be purchased through their online store if the drone has already been activated (which I assume it has since it's being sold as used), but can be purchased directly through them after seeing a verification video.

Another question

Does Care Refresh also cover the transmitter?

It's a smart controller

OK, so I spoke with DJI Online Support (chat) and they pretty much said the same thing.

DJI Care Refresh can't be purchased through their online store if the drone has already been activated (which I assume it has since it's being sold as used), but can be purchased directly through them after seeing a verification video.

Another question

Does Care Refresh also cover the transmitter?

It's a smart controller
That is a good question and one that should easily be answered by calling DJI again.

Dale

I asked the store for a serial number to see if Care Refresh had already been added

After receiving it this morning, I got in contact with DJI again and they said that it hasn't and after reviewing the actual listing, they also assured me that I will be able to purchase DJI Refresh directly from the online store and I will not have to go through the verification process since it's B&H (good to know)

So here's where I'm at:

I previously had a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Mini

Loved both of them

The MP was great, but I wanted sumthin smaller and in a sense, cheaper.

Sumthin I'd be willing to take more chances with and not worry about losing.

Sold it to someone local and picked up a Mavic Mini

Absolutely loved its small size, but missed some of the features the MP had, so I sold it as well with plans on upgrading to a Mini 2 so I can use a Smart Controller

Been putting off purchasing for a while and now that it's WInter, I wouldn't be flying anyways, so no rush.

I figure I'll be better off just waiting for the Mini 3, but I'd be happy with a Mini 2 Fly More Combo with Smart Controller

Unfortunately, this combo doesn't exist, so another option would be to get either a refurbished or used Mavic Air 2/Smart controller combo on the cheap and perhaps pickup a Mini 3 later on and swap controllers (assuming they're still compatible) before selling off the Mavic Air 2

I figure this would come out cheaper than just buying a Mini 2/3 and adding a new Smart Controller and I'd get to see what the Air 2 really has to offer hands on.

Anyways, the deal I'm looking at is a "used" Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo w/Smart controller

Condition is 9/10 according to the dealer and comes with a 30 Day return policy and a 90 Day store warranty

As noted above, DJI Care Refresh is still an option and the price is $1104.95 with Free Shipping

Price for the exact combo is $1399.00 New from the same store

Worth going for or should I just wait?

Did they say what they would like to see in the video to verify the drone? Like do they want to see it flying?
No. You need to download DJI Assistant (see attachment). Once this is installed on your computer, you plug your drone into your computer and follow the instructions. They make you go through several calibration exercises, which you then send to them. Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 12.18.54 PM.png

No. You need to download DJI Assistant (see attachment). Once this is installed on your computer, you plug your drone into your computer and follow the instructions. They make you go through several calibration exercises, which you then send to them. View attachment 140665
Then what is the purpose of the video they want?

Did they say what they would like to see in the video to verify the drone? Like do they want to see it flying?

Last night they said they would need to see a verification video of everything functioning (motors, gimble, etc.)

They didn't exactly say they would need to see it fly, but I'd assume so.

Then this morning, after sending them a link to the listing along with the actual serial number for the drone, they said I'd be able to purchase the Care Refresh package through their online store without the extra verification.

Probably due to the fact that it's from a rather well known authorized dealer.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Then what is the purpose of the video they want?
It's been a really long time since I did this so I forgot the details. All I know is, I had to prove air worthiness and a healthy gimbal. There way some way I was able to send them the results of the test. It is explained, I think if you download the DJI Assistant.

I asked the store for a serial number to see if Care Refresh had already been added

After receiving it this morning, I got in contact with DJI again and they said that it hasn't and after reviewing the actual listing, they also assured me that I will be able to purchase DJI Refresh directly from the online store and I will not have to go through the verification process since it's B&H (good to know)

So here's where I'm at:

I previously had a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Mini

Loved both of them

The MP was great, but I wanted sumthin smaller and in a sense, cheaper.

Sumthin I'd be willing to take more chances with and not worry about losing.

Sold it to someone local and picked up a Mavic Mini

Absolutely loved its small size, but missed some of the features the MP had, so I sold it as well with plans on upgrading to a Mini 2 so I can use a Smart Controller

Been putting off purchasing for a while and now that it's WInter, I wouldn't be flying anyways, so no rush.

I figure I'll be better off just waiting for the Mini 3, but I'd be happy with a Mini 2 Fly More Combo with Smart Controller

Unfortunately, this combo doesn't exist, so another option would be to get either a refurbished or used Mavic Air 2/Smart controller combo on the cheap and perhaps pickup a Mini 3 later on and swap controllers (assuming they're still compatible) before selling off the Mavic Air 2

I figure this would come out cheaper than just buying a Mini 2/3 and adding a new Smart Controller and I'd get to see what the Air 2 really has to offer hands on.

Anyways, the deal I'm looking at is a "used" Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo w/Smart controller

Condition is 9/10 according to the dealer and comes with a 30 Day return policy and a 90 Day store warranty

As noted above, DJI Care Refresh is still an option and the price is $1104.95 with Free Shipping

Price for the exact combo is $1399.00 New from the same store

Worth going for or should I just wait?
I read this this tortuous explanation and more or less went through the same mental gymnastics myself. I think you are absolutely doing the right thing. First of all, I really did not think much of the Mini 2 as compared to my Mavic 2 Pro. It seemed like a toy, and I had trouble using the DJI Fly app, which I think really sucked as compared to the DJI Go4 app. I couldn't stand not having aperture control or a better visualization of the settings which are all crammed into the lower right hand corner. I bought the Mini 2 as a "throwaway" drone actually! I bought it in June 2021 for my African Safari in September, knowing I would barely be able to use it while in the game parks, which was 90% of the trip. I planned to use it in the camps or off the roads between the camps. I didn't want to take a chance of it being confiscated in Tanzania or Kenya customs. I didn't want to lose it in Africa. After the Africa trip, after having so much trouble flying it, I sold it for $400.00 on this forum.

I am still considering getting the M3 but to tell you the truth, I am so happy with the results of the Mavic 2 Pro I could be satisfied with just it alone.

If between the two, I'd go for the refurbished Air 2 and smart controller -not the Mini 2.

Just my own, personal opinion.

Dale
Miami

I was actually very happy with the Mini 1

Loved the small portable size, near silent operation and overall simplicity

Apart from not being able to connect to a Smart Controller and the limited range, it was more more or less all I really needed for daily use

Best of all, it was dirt cheap, so I was willing to take more risks to get the shot (not sumthin I was willing to do with my larger, more expensive MP1)

After I found out the Mini 2 had longer range and is now SC compatible, it pretty much made it my next drone option

I never really used much of the fancy features my MP1 was capable of

Now that I look back, I rarely used stuff like active track or obstacle avoidance (only when I wanted to show those features off to others)

One issue I did have was with the Go 4 app

After doing a DJI update (silly me), my iPad would no longer stream lag free when doing a screen recording (as if the Go 4 app was just too much for it to handle)

However, with the Go Fly app on my Mavic Mini, it worked perfectly with zero lag, even when screen recording

I guess the app is able to do it cause it's lightweight

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR