DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI trying to crash my drone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudman

Reactions
I had fly away a few moments ago. I was attempting the land my mp2 about 2feet off of the ground. All of a sudden the smart controller disconnected the drone flew up and came straight at me. I was able to snatch it out of the air before it ran into the pole behind me. I turned it upside down to kill the motors and it would not shut off being held up side down. Then i pressed and held the power botton to shut it down and it went into motors armed mode. I was able to shut it off with the sticks. Something similar happened the night before. Again i was landing with low battery and a warning came up what i did not cancel because i was watch the drone instead of the screen. The drone override my control flew straight at me over my head and stopped in front of the pole on the porch turned around to face me and landed. I was trying to stop it by pressing the red x on the screen but that did nothing. Im still shocked that it did that twice. The second time which was today before it could reach the pole i snatched it out of the air. Now i feel like someone at DJI is trying to crash my drone. Also i was checking to see how good i could see using the light at night flying over a tree. The drone kept on trying to go down near the tree for no reason. Why did it do this idk. Now what really made me think its DJI is i did a hyperlapse one night of the moon. While i was watching the screen of the smart controller i kept on seeing a flash of light it almost looked like lightning. After the third flash i realized it was the drone. I cant help but to think my drone was taking picture of me with the sensor cameras on the bottom. I also notice the smart controller looks like it too has a camera in the top center above lCD screen. I asked DJI about it and they said no it does not have a camera so i took a picture of it can someone please tell me what this is if it isn't a camera what purpose does it serve thanks. DJI got me feeling like Below is the pic of the smart controller
20200403_212347.jpg

Hopefully one of the resident experts will be along soon. Please post your flight logs so @sar104 or one of the others can analyze it for you.
Here’s more info and how to get your flight logs.

Reactions: Cloudman
DJI crashing your drone seems like a smart idea, they could keep you coming back to buy a new one every time you crash it. Buuut... Very unlikely. 99% of people never have these problems, why would DJI be targeting you?

Now as far as the drone taking pictures of you, can't prove it but I say it's likely. I'll put my tin foil hat on here, but consider this.

China (govt, not their citizens) IS the enemy of western governments, or at least, a verry major competitor. What better way to spy on your enemy than having hundreds of thousands of drones flying around their airspace snapping photos?

You might consider this theory crazy, but look at Huawei. A big cell phone company spying for China. If they did it why not DJI. They wouldn't even have to be willing. In China, if the govt tells a company to do something, they do it.

Reactions: Flycaster and JAW
Due to the Corona Crisis, I have been watching a lot of movies in the past few days. Could it be, tzhat the attack of the drone is related to your job? Could DJI try to neutralize you, because you have a vital job and without you, the US-Economy would completly collaps?

• Haha
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Due to the Corona Crisis, I have been watching a lot of movies in the past few days. Could it be, tzhat the attack of the drone is related to your job? Could DJI try to neutralize you, because you have a vital job and without you, the US-Economy would completly collaps?
I highly doubt it i do lawn jobs

Reactions: Cloudman
Save the hassle, conjecture, theories . . . post your flight log, the analysis will likely tell you exactly what's happening.
If Thomas B's post #2 link is too hard for you, just go here . . .

Upload the TXT file here, or post the link to the Phantom Help report when it comes up after you upload the TXT at that site.

Reactions: GarthH
Save the hassle, conjecture, theories . . . post your flight log, the analysis will likely tell you exactly what's happening.
If Thomas B's post #2 link is too hard for you, just go here . . .

Upload the TXT file here, or post the link to the Phantom Help report when it comes up after you upload the TXT at that site.
Ok ill try to locate those logs. i have been a little sceptical about posting my logs but i can send you video footage. ah ( ModRemoved Langage) ill post the logs i want to hear what @sar104 has to say about it and the little thing on the smart controller what looks like a camera what is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea, best way to find out what happened.

the little thing on the smart controller what looks like a camera what is it?

The camera icon on the front by the right stick ?
DJI_SC.jpg
You press that to take a photo, the red dot opposite side you press to start or stop video.

Do you have the manual downloaded ?
Might be good to take a look through it.

There's one for your M2P as well, just google it and look for the DJI link to it.

Ok ill try to locate those logs. i have been a little sceptical about posting my logs but i can send you video footage. ah ( ModRemoved Langage) ill post the logs i want to hear what @sar104 has to say about it and the little thing on the smart controller what looks like a camera what is it?

It's the ambient light sensor that the device uses to adjust screen brightness automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929