DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everybody happy with their SC?

EasyV

Reactions
I just took the plunge and it should be delivered today.

Coming from a CS 7 inch.... want to carry less stuff in a smaller footprint....

I was just going to post about this. I’ve had the SC for 3-4 months now but using it much more frequently in the last month and I am SO SO SO happy with it. It’s such a frivolous thing, it’s not like I “couldn’t” fly with my iPhone but it was always a fiddly process, the phone needed to come out of its case and it requires fussing with cables and then in the sunlight it was nearly impossible to see... now I just turn on my personal hotspot and throw my phone back into my pocket, press the on button on my SC and I have a rock solid ergonomic controller with a big screen that works well in sunlight and unbelievable on a cloudy day and it’s just so enjoyable. It makes the entire process of flying my drone so much more fun and simple to me.

Believe me I get it, it’s expensive for what it is and does but life is short and I paid a lot for my drone hobby so anything that encourages me to use it more and enjoy it more is worth it.

Highly recommended.

I was just going to post about this. I’ve had the SC for 3-4 months now but using it much more frequently in the last month and I am SO SO SO happy with it. It’s such a frivolous thing, it’s not like I “couldn’t” fly with my iPhone but it was always a fiddly process, the phone needed to come out of its case and it requires fussing with cables and then in the sunlight it was nearly impossible to see... now I just turn on my personal hotspot and throw my phone back into my pocket, press the on button on my SC and I have a rock solid ergonomic controller with a big screen that works well in sunlight and unbelievable on a cloudy day and it’s just so enjoyable. It makes the entire process of flying my drone so much more fun and simple to me.

Believe me I get it, it’s expensive for what it is and does but life is short and I paid a lot for my drone hobby so anything that encourages me to use it more and enjoy it more is worth it.

Highly recommended.
What an excellent synopsis of why the SC is worth it to many of us. Initially I blanched at the price and said "no way" but the more I fiddled with my setup (tablet, mounting tray, cables, display contrast/lighting), I decided to hop on board. Never been sorry.

I honestly have to say, that I've waited until the SC showed up to be bought with the M2P together.
Saying that, I've never had or tested the conventional controller with my phone but the extra cable, the small screen (my phone is only about 5") and the brightness were always something that made me worry if I could enjoy the flying.

I've had modelling ships and cars which always had a dedicated RC - so interested in drone for photography, I've always aimed to have a good controller without hassle.
The SC is all that I've wished for. It's awesome and I am happy and astonished how well the Mavic 2 Pro and the SC perform. Definitely a recommendation all the way even though it's pricey and not easy to get separately these days! But well worth the money! ?

The only thing I want to have is a focus control/100 % preview to see if I focused correctly. That's however a software issue up to DJI Go 4 to be implemented.

Reactions: Smalls and RogerMav
Updated and charged it. Of course its raining (it only rains on the weekends during summer in Chicago). Haven't paired it yet, may try it out later this week. Screen looks nice, is definitely less awkward than the controller+CS 7.85

Reactions: Smalls and RogerMav
Holding off. Love the convenience, but it needs a model with a 7.85” screen IMHO.

Just my opinion but the screen size is perfect for me. The whole concept is minimal size, adequate for most applications. If I want "better" view I will attach some goggles to the HDMI. Having done that a few times, I quickly went back to just the SC due to the convenience unless I want to fly in close proximity to obstacles.

The screen is bright enough to use with sunglasses in every condition I have tried.

no mater how you look at it (the SC) it would be so much better even if it came with just a 6"+ screen. even just 6" would be better and would had fit in the same size controller if the bezel was smaller. face it... the screen is small and it makes it harder to change settings etc...

Reactions: Thomas B
no mater how you look at it (the SC) it would be so much better even if it came with just a 6"+ screen. even just 6" would be better and would had fit in the same size controller if the bezel was smaller. face it... the screen is small and it makes it harder to change settings etc...
Well, that all depends, doesn't it? ;)
I'm a guy not even having a car, that absolutely love the minimal approach of the Mavic.
Folds down so compactly, SC has good ratio between screen size, portability and haptics. I put everything in my Lowepro 180 AW II and there would be still some space left even with 4 batteries in total. Take my bag and cycle through the landscape with not more than 2,5 kg.

I've travelled with my DSLR in a camera backpack and tripod with more than 10 kg globally and eventhough it's a very good quality you can get as a result, it is so pleasent to roam around with the M2P, the SC and some accessories in this compact format and achieving such good quality.

I wouldn't mind if there would be a SC with a larger diagonal screen, but I certainly like the size it has now as @Horsefly pointed out and would not buy another unless the resolution gets a bump.

Reactions: RogerMav
I love my SC, purchased with my Mavic 2 pro In February. IMHO the screen size and footprint are spot on. It is the perfect size for portability and functionality. The screen is very bright and readable in full sunlight. I love the ergonomics and weight, it looks and feels like the expensive piece of equipment that it is.

I paid $400.00 for the SC when bundled with my Mavic 2, I would not hesitate to purchase it again even at the current price of $750ish

Updated and charged it. Of course its raining (it only rains on the weekends during summer in Chicago). Haven't paired it yet, may try it out later this week. Screen looks nice, is definitely less awkward than the controller+CS 7.85
So are you going to dell the CS? Will it be a good deal for the buyer?

I just took the plunge and it should be delivered today.

Coming from a CS 7 inch.... want to carry less stuff in a smaller footprint....
I have had mine SC for about a month it is a game changer for me, the connections seem to be so much better and the screen is so beautiful and bright. The only issue for me is that I have been unable to delete offline maps from the SC? I am currently waiting for advice from DJI support. I would also recommend getting the polar Pro screen visor, even though the screen is very bright there is a lot of glare in full sunlight.

I have had mine SC for about a month it is a game changer for me, the connections seem to be so much better and the screen is so beautiful and bright. The only issue for me is that I have been unable to delete offline maps from the SC? I am currently waiting for advice from DJI support. I would also recommend getting the polar Pro screen visor, even though the screen is very bright there is a lot of glare in full sunlight.

Does Polarpro make a screen visor? I see one from PGY but not Polar, perhaps I'm missing it. Thanks.

I have *no* problem with the idea of a bigger screen but not at the cost of the SC being even larger than it currently is. Right now it fits in the hand very well (its solid and feels very weighty) yet still packs up to a size that fits the Fly More bag without issue. The moment I have to start carrying a separate case just for the controller etc. then for me it has gotten too large. As for your argument they could have made the bezels smaller while keeping the size the same I don't believe they could. I just put the SC in my hands and with my fingers on the sticks my palms perfectly cover the bezels leaving the screen visible. If you made the bezels smaller your hands would partially cover the screen is the issue with your suggestion. I believe if you put a larger screen into this you would have no choice but to make the entire unit larger in order to provide bezels. *Perhaps* it might work if they put the screen on top and the sticks on the bottom you could remove almost all bezels but to make the unit ergonomic in that case you would still need a bunch of material below the sticks to hold your hands on and balance the weight of the controller and it would have to be bigger.

I have *no* problem with the idea of a bigger screen but not at the cost of the SC being even larger than it currently is. Right now it fits in the hand very well (its solid and feels very weighty) yet still packs up to a size that fits the Fly More bag without issue. The moment I have to start carrying a separate case just for the controller etc. then for me it has gotten too large. As for your argument they could have made the bezels smaller while keeping the size the same I don't believe they could. I just put the SC in my hands and with my fingers on the sticks my palms perfectly cover the bezels leaving the screen visible. If you made the bezels smaller your hands would partially cover the screen is the issue with your suggestion. I believe if you put a larger screen into this you would have no choice but to make the entire unit larger in order to provide bezels. *Perhaps* it might work if they put the screen on top and the sticks on the bottom you could remove almost all bezels but to make the unit ergonomic in that case you would still need a bunch of material below the sticks to hold your hands on and balance the weight of the controller and it would have to be bigger.
With a 7.8” screen it could be same configuration but 1-1.5” wider. Very comfortable with that and waiting for it to be produced.

Love it my girl and I have the sc and we won't go back Fyi JUST GOT the DJI goggles and love them even more ....

With a 7.8” screen it could be same configuration but 1-1.5” wider. Very comfortable with that and waiting for it to be produced.

You make a screen larger and maintain the same aspect ratio, it gets larger diagonally, which means it will get wider AND taller. Since the SC has no bezel left to eliminate at the bottom edge of the screen your idea not only makes the unit wider, it makes it taller. The entire thing gets significantly bigger, 1-1.5" wider and taller is A TON in a device this size. Look, I'm not saying it wouldn't be an amazing device but there are both ergonomic (there is some limit to size and weight in what would be comfortable for an integrated screen) and portability concerns (this is huge, it wouldn't fit in the fly more bag anymore for sure) and there would be huge trade offs for many current users who view the Mavic 2 series as the ultimate in portable drone.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato