DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is flight data held in my Drone or controller in A Mavic 2 pro

The Admiral

Reactions
Hi
Do I need to purchase a third party flight data recording system or is there soemthing already installed on my 2 pro?
Is Airdata the one to go for being a beginner?
Im sure I will need it in the future if I have a mishap or just to asess my flights etc.
Pete

In your device.

Is Airdata the one to go for being a beginner?

I find my text-file flight logs in the internal memory of my smart controller. 1) turn on your smart controller but not your drone; make sure you plug an SD card or a USB drive into the appropriate slot, 2) Don't connect to your drone, 3) press the "Apps" button in the lower right corner of the screen (4 squares within a circle), 4) On the Apps screen, tap the "File Manager" button, 5) change to the "Internal Storage" by tapping that phrase at the top right of the screen, 6) Select Internal Storage by touching its button, 7) tap the "DJI" file folder, 8) tap the "dpi.go.v4" file folder, 9) all your flight records are stored in the "FlightRecord" folder that you will find there, 10) You can tap "Edit" at the bottom of the screen and then select this folder by checking its check box, 11) Then you can tap "Copy" which will take you to the storage page where you can select either your SD card or your USB drive, 12) there you can tap the "Paste" button to place you "FlightRecord" folder there. I recommend using a USB drive for convenience but either will work. Now you can use an app to read the various logs; I like the one available from msinger (see MavicHelp); you can also upload a flight record to his site for free.

Reactions: The Admiral
I find my text-file flight logs in the internal memory of my smart controller. 1) turn on your smart controller but not your drone; make sure you plug an SD card or a USB drive into the appropriate slot, 2) Don't connect to your drone, 3) press the "Apps" button in the lower right corner of the screen (4 squares within a circle), 4) On the Apps screen, tap the "File Manager" button, 5) change to the "Internal Storage" by tapping that phrase at the top right of the screen, 6) Select Internal Storage by touching its button, 7) tap the "DJI" file folder, 8) tap the "dpi.go.v4" file folder, 9) all your flight records are stored in the "FlightRecord" folder that you will find there, 10) You can tap "Edit" at the bottom of the screen and then select this folder by checking its check box, 11) Then you can tap "Copy" which will take you to the storage page where you can select either your SD card or your USB drive, 12) there you can tap the "Paste" button to place you "FlightRecord" folder there. I recommend using a USB drive for convenience but either will work. Now you can use an app to read the various logs; I like the one available from msinger (see MavicHelp); you can also upload a flight record to his site for free.
Thank you soooo much. Your input is extremely helpful ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242