DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is fly more package really good advice

Artemis

Reactions
I’ll preface that I’m glad I got it just for piece of mind, however after flying today for around 20 minutes that was quite enough, I was thinking ahead of time an hour would be the norm but perhaps that’s wrong for some. I dunno…. I think I’m just saying the thought that you need this package is so prevalent that is might discourage people from buying the base package. I also felt like the pouch was way too tight, I immediately swapped and Loaded the Dji case down with an old camera and accesories so I could take advantage of more room, I can store the controller without having to worry about taking off the sticks. Of course the small bage eould be good for hiking etc but otherwise too compact. In summary, think about it if budget is an issue, you may end up spending more for a Extra battery or dual charger but it’s not going to really affect you initially…. 20 minutes is a long time in the air

I would say the extra batteries and charging hub are really wonderful to have. Some days I may only fly a few minutes, others days I might fly a lot and use all three batteries, so it’s nice to have that option.

Get the extra batteries if you can. You may find times when you wished you had another battery. Resale will be better too.

I’ll preface that I’m glad I got it just for piece of mind, however after flying today for around 20 minutes that was quite enough, I was thinking ahead of time an hour would be the norm but perhaps that’s wrong for some. I dunno…. I think I’m just saying the thought that you need this package is so prevalent that is might discourage people from buying the base package. I also felt like the pouch was way too tight, I immediately swapped and Loaded the Dji case down with an old camera and accesories so I could take advantage of more room, I can store the controller without having to worry about taking off the sticks. Of course the small bage eould be good for hiking etc but otherwise too compact. In summary, think about it if budget is an issue, you may end up spending more for a Extra battery or dual charger but it’s not going to really affect you initially…. 20 minutes is a long time in the air
Hi Artemis, many of us use Mini2 for business purpose like myself. Quite often I use it for monotoring and surveillance and have to stay in the air for more than an hour. I have four batteries and it takes less than 1,5minute to land and swap battery. Then I use the Hub to charge the "used" batteries in the car. All works great. The "wanted" car you see on the videophoto came after 33minutes. Yes I keep my fingers crossed that the surveid object not will show up when I swap battery. EDIT: The Mini2 is perfect for surveillance as it is small and silent = hard to see and hear.

Attachments

• aa1.jpg
    aa1.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Good morning to all-
I bought the base package with my new Mini 2. and since then, I've bought more batteries and the charging hum. I MAY have saved money by purchasing after market- maybe not. but this way, I have the stuff I need.
I also used a camera bag to transport my Mini 2- works very well. good day to all- Ed

I had to buy the base package, nothing else available. Then to buy the extras was considerably more expensive. As usual I couldn’t wait.
Regards

I've only been flying a couple of years and already I can go through a few batteries per outing. The more I fly the more my mind's eye comes up with things I want to capture and I can rarely get the shot first pass. Hence the multiple battery charger becomes nice to be ready again the next day.

It's hard to say. I bought the FMC package on the Mini 2, however with the Mini 1 I got a different package through Costco. They are offering a different package now on the Mini 2. For $439 you get an extra battery but no 3rd battery or charging bank. If you don't need quick storage and have a USB wall charger and USB-c cable you might be able to get away with this kit. You can add an extra Mini 1 battery for $33 and either charge the batteries separately through the drone or get a 3rd party charger for about $40. Or you can get a couple battery adapters for $10 and charge all your batteries simultaneously. As you may know the DJI bank charges each battery separately. The last time I charged all my batteries it took 6 hours as opposed to 40 minutes for a quick charger.

Perhaps the Costco case is nicer than the DJI FMC case (which I find useless). For a basic kit you can buy a semi-hard shell case for under $20. For a few dollars more you can get a Pelican clone (Apache 3800 at Harbor Freight Tools). With discount I think I paid $23 then customized it. I have layered it so get all sorts of extras in this case including flat prop guards, and lots of extras. It is also small enough to squeeze into my backpack. The Mavic 2 FMC case is much better as soft cases go. But again, I don't know how big the Costo package case is.

I got the Mini 2 FMC package for $600 from B&H. However, I use their Payboo card and saved over $60 in tax, which I wouldn't be able to avoid from Costco, which would have added another $45 in tax, plus tax on accessories. But if a tax free purchase wasn't available I think I'd go for the Costco kit. JMO

1640623414302.png
1640623784996.png
1640624267942.png

Reactions: dozzn
I bought a used A2 combo and thought 3 batteries were unnecessary. I was WRONG. The more I fly, the MORE I fly. Rarely now do I NOT use all 3 in one location. Always get WAY more footage than I need. Instead of regretting that I don't have enough footage now that I'm back home 3 hours away from my shooting location.

I bought a used A2 combo and thought 3 batteries were unnecessary. I was WRONG. The more I fly, the MORE I fly. Rarely now do I NOT use all 3 in one location. Always get WAY more footage than I need. Instead of regretting that I don't have enough footage now that I'm back home 3 hours away from my shooting location.
Yeah, these were just first impressions flying around the house, I’m sure if I did a real photoshoot on location somewhere I would want to go longer… mostly just saying the combo pak should not make anyone put off the purchase

all my DJI drones and my new zino have been the fly more packages ,
the bags are ok ,but i prefer a custom case ,the main advantage of the fly more is the extra batteries ,extra spare props, and the charging hub,and little extras that are sometimes included,
i have found that for me having 4 batteries per drone is a nice number ,and gives me the scope to fly one ,or all my drones ,on one days flying session ,as i travel near or far
sometimes i will just charge two batteries per drone ,if the weather is looking unsettled
its no harder to take care of one battery or multiple batteries ,as long as they are numbered so you know which is which
believe me there will always be a time when you find an interesting spot on your travels ,and it usually happens when your on your way home after a days flying ,so i have learnt to keep that last battery for the homeward journey

I’m not crazy about the idea of having to keep the batteries at 40%, I have three full batteries because I was expecting to fly today but high winds are back… I think I would be curious to know exactly how bad for the batteries it is to not worry with it

More is more. Can't be a bad thing. Cheaper to buy the FMC than to add them individually.

they will be fine till tomorrow ,if you dont get to fly then you can pop them in the hub one at a time ,and use them to charge your phone some other device ,drop them down till one light has gone out and then they will be fine for a few days ,and they will not take long to charge back up from that sort of level

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll