DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is it ok to Mix new propellers and old propellers ?

KONY

Reactions
hello just a quick one :

During a mini crash last week one of the "low noise" propeller broke...

since i have a bunch of old propellers in stock i was wondering if it's any danger to install 2 old propellers in front while 2 "low noise" propellers are in back of the Mavic?

I believe they have different pitches, so I personally wouldn't mix them.

Part of me thinks, "ehh... it would probably fly okay if you mixed propellers."
The other part thinks, "Why don't YOU test that out and report back, because I certainly wouldn't try it with MY mavic."

It might cost you $1000 to find out.
I think I'd spend $12 for new props and let someone else find out.

Reactions: jakub and Kilrah
Hello,

i see last month a video on Youtube with test of low noise propeller. 4 , 2 front only and 2 back only ... all these combination are ok.

As far as I get it everything should be just fine as long as you place them symmetrical. Mavic adjusts motors speed to stay in one place so different pitches of different propellers would result in mavic balancing it with motor speed. Some turbulences may occur during high-speed flying or turning around.
But as somebody already said, it's probably better to spend 10$ than to risk 1000$

Reactions: KONY
the reason I would try it is because the motors need to adjust their speed for the different prop design, which the speed controls do, but can they do it individually. Also, when I flew with the new props for the first time yesterday, I notice that is are more flexible and tend to flutter more. That didn't seem to effect it's stability or flying ability, but I would want to take a chance. I might be a little more cautious then others. So, to each his own. I always have an extra set of props so don't need to mix them. I damaged there of the four yesterday, flying into some tree branches. Had a set of both the old and new, so decided to give the new ones a try. Am quite pleased with them. Ordered another set last night.

Motor speed is adjusted by the control system to maintain the Mavic orientation and speed, it doesn't *know* anything about what type of prop is fitted.
You can mix and match in any combination but I wouldn't do it except temporarily e.g. due to minor damage.

Motor speed is adjusted by the control system to maintain the Mavic orientation and speed, it doesn't *know* anything about what type of prop is fitted.
You can mix and match in any combination but I wouldn't do it except temporarily e.g. due to minor damage.
True but control system knows if mavic is tilting in some way - so it can adjust the speed of specific motors to fit installed propellers and "lift" they are generating.

hello just a quick one :

During a mini crash last week one of the "low noise" propeller broke...

since i have a bunch of old propellers in stock i was wondering if it's any danger to install 2 old propellers in front while 2 "low noise" propellers are in back of the Mavic?
I wouldn't, that's worse than different tires for a car.

Reactions: KONY
You guys really think propellers are sold in matched pairs with identical specs. At $10 a pair I doubt it's like buying matched computer ram in series LOL

Why in heavens name would you want to do that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S