DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to install Dji Go 4 on an Android Box ?

The idea is to install dji go 4 on an android box and the android box to the 4k tv via hdmi. Is this possible?
The andoid box needs 5v dc. totally portable.

Yes just sideload the APK file on to the Android box and then install it
but how would you go about linking the Mavic Controller to the Android box ?

Reactions: Chewbacca
Side loading might be an issue depending on which box (I assume you are talking about set top boxes?) we are talking about. But generally yeah, it should be doable, but I expect you will have issues with the app GUI. Be prepared to navigate with a mouse and keyboard. I would recommend using a 9.0 Pie based STB with an ARMv7 or similar architecture for simplicitys sake.

The USB on the Android will need to be in B data mode in order to connect the app to the RC, as the RC USB is in A mode when connecting to the app. If the USB port is only for power, as it is for a Firestick as an example, that obviously won't work.
If the box has a full A port like you see on a PC, that also won't work. The box has to be the peripheral from the RC's perspective, not connecting to a peripheral.

The USB on the Android will need to be in B data mode in order to connect the app to the RC, as the RC USB is in A mode when connecting to the app. If the USB port is only for power, as it is for a Firestick as an example, that obviously won't work.
If the box has a full A port like you see on a PC, that also won't work. The box has to be the peripheral from the RC's perspective, not connecting to a peripheral.

Very good point! And that can very tricky to achieve now that I think about it, might need root on the device to do it reliably, and rootable droid devices are getting harder an harder to come by.. And the ones that are rootable are kind of crap and I wouldn't consider connecting one to my home network. That is if the STB does not have the correct mode set, and from what I've seen the settings for usb-ports on droid STBs can be all over the place. Hell I've seen lots of power only and even a few one way serial connections from the main chipset straight to the USB port.. Google is obviously trying to set an end to that nonsense, but unfortunately also to any system level access. DRM, encryption and codecs seem to be valueable stuff :)

It would have been nice if Google had included charge mode management in their API so applications can control device charging but that's another story.

That would be sweet! I have a similar notion, I'm using a Fire Stick in my vehicle on the Pioneer head unit (not sure if i can download an Go4 APK) and would like to accomplish the same) I will do some tinkering and report back with any knowledge to pass on!

That would be sweet! I have a similar notion, I'm using a Fire Stick in my vehicle on the Pioneer head unit (not sure if i can download an Go4 APK) and would like to accomplish the same) I will do some tinkering and report back with any knowledge to pass on!

Maybe it can.. but how would you connect a DJI controller to it? I mean, sure, maybe the USB port mode is correct and it's supported, but I wouldn't bet on it. Please report back if you get it to work :)

Maybe it can.. but how would you connect a DJI controller to it? I mean, sure, maybe the USB port mode is correct and it's supported, but I wouldn't bet on it. Please report back if you get it to work :)
I was wondering that too Punkkone. I do have an OTG cable that I bought online which is really cool because it allows you to connect a USB hub via a 3rd port allowing the firestick to become a FireTV on steroids lol so currently have been using a couple flash drives to add more storage and a 2.4 ghz wireless mini keyboard / mouse. ? I'll see what I can do since I have nothing better to do because of the covid pandemic, might as well nerd out. Thanks15862169952272008214667204230448.jpg

Reactions: punkkone
Same, I have, and still do use the Samsung Galaxy and am quite pleased by them, however only on the phones. The last tablet I had was a Tab2 7.0 lol so that was some time ago. I do know that a 4th gen iPad is not able to upgrade to the proper OS needed to run Go4. However, I acquired a 5th Generation iPad and it is well capable of running the app.

They have one now that has USB-C interface.

H96 MAX RK3399

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS