DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to intercept video?

Sneak

Reactions
Earlier I was recording and this white SUV drove by where I was recording. As soon as it got close my video transmission started having some issues like blurring like something was effecting the transmission. I went back and replayed the video is clear unlike the live view. Anyways I was high enough that i dont think they could of seen me but it looks like they are distracted because they get all the way on the wrong side of the road. They drove up and then stopped at the top of this hill all while I was watching. Is it possible for them to see what i see through the drones camera? Like somehow pick up video transmission?

Reactions: Yaros
My understanding is that the signal between the controller/phone and the drone is encrypted so, in theory, should be secure.

Earlier I was recording and this white SUV drove by where I was recording. As soon as it got close my video transmission started having some issues like blurring like something was effecting the transmission. I went back and replayed the video is clear unlike the live view. Anyways I was high enough that i dont think they could of seen me but it looks like they are distracted because they get all the way on the wrong side of the road. They drove up and then stopped at the top of this hill all while I was watching. Is it possible for them to see what i see through the drones camera? Like somehow pick up video transmission?
I'm not sure with DJI drones, with analog FPV sure, very easy. With DJI video transmission interferance is still possible, but less likely.

The video recorded on the drone memory card is direct from the camera so it wouldn't be distorted. The video stored on the phone cache is a compressed file of what is transmitted from the drone. Did you re-play the video from your phone or from the drone?
What is the quality of the video after you transfer the drone file to your computer?

Transmission uses strong, DES key-based encryption, the key is exchanged when connecting on the ground.

Or so I've read.

Most likely what happened was there was radio transmitted from the SUV that interfered at your receiver.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada