DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to turn off the colored overlays in the general view screen of DJI Fly app?

Ronny St.

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello all,
I live in a zone that is marked as a 'grey altitude zone'. So I just get a warning when starting my app, which is not a problem at all. But when I go to the app screen and select 'map view', it shows it for less than a second with clarity and then almost immediately dims to a much more vague presentation which makes it much more difficult to see and use, especially in bright light.
It goes the same for all options: 'map', 'satellite' or 'mixed'. It seems to be some overlay that comes on the screen from the moment the picture is loaded. Is this due to the altitude zone, and if so, can I in some way prevent the screen to switch to the much lower resolution? Today I tried it out in a 'full-free zone' but it still gives some yellow overlay. So I cannot figure out what the purpose is and how to it can be turned on and off if wanted.
Thanks for helping!
Regards,
Ronny

Yes, it is possible. When the map is expanded, click on the Info Icon (the top icon in the right list of icons) and then uncheck the zones that you don't want to be visible. This does not mean that your drone will fly into them! The drone's behavior will not be changed, it will obey the no-fly zones anyway, you will just not be able to see them on the map.

Hello Yaros,
Thanks for answering! I think I've tried that but with no result. It is dark outside now, but tomorrow I will resume flying and retry it and also update this topic.
Regards,
Ronny

Yesterday it was too windy to fly, but today I tested it and unchecked all: it works! Much better view now on the display. Thanks for helping me out!

PS seems in the latest version of the DJI FlyApp they set a maximum altitude in combination with warning zones. It was there also before but I could exceed it without problem. Now my bird stopped at the maximum height and could not be 'forced' to go higher. Just mentioning it for eventually other readers of this topic.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143