DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it safe to replace the propellers without using locktite on the screws?

Reactions
I have replaced both propellers on right rear motor after mini was coming in for a landing. The drone just dropped about 6 ft above ground when it just dropped, hit the ground , bounced back up and then fell back onto ground. I noticed after looking at the flight data it said max power load reached, decrease altitude and fly with caution , land immediately. Code 30168. I also had a low battery voltage fly with caution code 110011. Does this drone just crash down when the voltage gets too low? It was sitting at 19% left. The temperature was around 2 degrees Celsius or around 36 degrees Fahrenheit. With the bouncing on the ground it chipped one of these props. Is it safe to fly it without locktite on the screws?

Play it safe. Use a “tiny” dab of Blue Loctite. Or not. After all, it’s your toy. Good luck.

The new screws have it on them already. That's why they give you spare screws with the kits to use when replacing props. If you are putting the old screws on once you remove them to remove the props the locktite is removed so you will need to add it to prevent them coming loose mid-flight. Not worth crashing your drone over something like this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio