DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth forcing FCC if Mavic is currently in CE mode?

sludge

Reactions
I am coming of of a Spark and to get ant decent usable range out of a Spark one has to run it in FCC Mode. Now that I have added a Mavic Pro 1 to my "fleet" I was wondering if I should bother with flipping it to FCC as it's currently locked in CE mode. I was thinking that I'd use the TSS App? I normaly fly on iOS.

I am coming of of a Spark and to get ant decent usable range out of a Spark one has to run it in FCC Mode. Now that I have added a Mavic Pro 1 to my "fleet" I was wondering if I should bother with flipping it to FCC as it's currently locked in CE mode. I was thinking that I'd use the TSS App? I normaly fly on iOS.
if you live in the UK then you should be using CE mode why does everyone talk about forcing FCC mode i know it increases the output of the controller but unless you are going to be flying out of VLOS there is no point doing it i wonder what would happen if with the new drone tech that is being used to detect drones that they would be able to know that the output of the controller had been increased i would imagine a hefty fine would be imposed we are not in the USA and therefore we should not increase the output power of our controllers i have never had any issues with both my DJI UAVs flying in CE mode respect the rules of the country you fly in

if you live in the UK then you should be using CE mode why does everyone talk about forcing FCC mode i know it increases the output of the controller but unless you are going to be flying out of VLOS there is no point doing it i wonder what would happen if with the new drone tech that is being used to detect drones that they would be able to know that the output of the controller had been increased i would imagine a hefty fine would be imposed we are not in the USA and therefore we should not increase the output power of our controllers i have never had any issues with both my DJI UAVs flying in CE mode respect the rules of the country you fly in

So you are missing the point. The question is not about legislation or what tech is checking what compliance. The question is about connectivity and range period.

So you are missing the point. The question is not about legislation or what tech is checking what compliance. The question is about connectivity and range period.
ok sludge CE in the mav i have a platinum,, is much better than the spark because it has OcuSync tech which gives a much better range and stable signal than normal WiFi you should be more than happy with it as it is

Reactions: sludge
There is a noticeable difference especially when connection conditions aren't ideal e.g. you have some trees attenuating the signal.
In CE mode and ideal line of sight undeniably you can easily go well beyond line of sight already, which might be slightly naughty but it depends on when and where you are flying as to whether it's remotely unsafe.
In practice, I find if at a location Iknow well I will go that bit further.
The Mavic is primarily a platform for photo and video and as such it is rare to have any particular need or desire to go more than a few metres away. But it won't be disastrous if you do.

So now the question is how do I change it. Will the TSS Android app work?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke