DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it worth getting a SC now?

Matt8900

Reactions
so I'm fairly new to the drone life. I've had an air for about 7/8months, loved it enough to get a zoom last month.

So far i absolutely love the drone but the two issues I have is 1, my phone just not fitting very well, being i have the s20 ultra, also the occasional disconnect (even using the bottom USB port ) and then having to fly my drone is airplane mode.

So I was wondering if you guys think the SC was a good investment? I've seen so many mixed reviews. Mostly good. But a few negatives.
It would be nice to be able to get my drone up and running without even thinking about connecting phones etc.

Is there any negatives you guys can think off?

Reactions: Akademik
I love my smart controller and my wife said the same it's a little pricey but you pay for what you get and it's great with the zoom.

Reactions: gppms
People wax on about the screen size. Initially, it was my biggest concern also. Fact is, I don't even think about it nowadays it's become normal and totally acceptable. If you can get past the price, the SC is a winner every day of the week for me because I use it. The harsh truth of it is I fly more now because it's quick and easy to get in the air.

so I'm fairly new to the drone life. I've had an air for about 7/8months, loved it enough to get a zoom last month.

So far i absolutely love the drone but the two issues I have is 1, my phone just not fitting very well, being i have the s20 ultra, also the occasional disconnect (even using the bottom USB port ) and then having to fly my drone is airplane mode.

So I was wondering if you guys think the SC was a good investment? I've seen so many mixed reviews. Mostly good. But a few negatives.
It would be nice to be able to get my drone up and running without even thinking about connecting phones etc.

It's very fast and easy to use, no cables to mess with. Using the "go Share" function, you transfer the photos & videos to your phone wirelessly as well. And now it is supposed to work with (soon anyway) the new Mavic Air 2 as well as the phantom 4 & enterprise. I like it very much, A bigger screen might be nice, but that would increase the size and be more to lug around. I bought mine early and with my M2Z, so it was only $400 extra.

Reactions: JoostGT3

Matt, it’s worth every penny… and as for the screen size that many bleat about it, certainly knocks spots of the phone, and that isn’t enough… it works in direct sunlight, providing you take the shades off first.

Reactions: LakeErieFlier
I agree, so many advantages over the original controller, especially not having to take my new iPhone out of its protective case to attach it to the controller and drop in on to concrete, funny how I never dropped it once when in the case!!!

Reactions: JoostGT3
If you aren’t bothered by the price, it’s a nice addition to the drone kit. The brightness is what sold me on my first CrystalSky, now I have two. You quickly realize how useful all the other features are: HDMI, microSD slot, etc.

Just don’t buy an UltraBright model, they have a long reputation for being faulty.

not as far as I know of, or even heard of anyone using this type of monitor on a std controller, when I use duel remote setup I use a 10inch iPad on the std controller, think that's the closest your gonna get to a bigger screen is to use something like that.

I love the smart controller. When I want to, I can connect my Moverio glasses via the HDMI box to the SC with one USB C cable for AR viewing.

Reactions: Seachief
Man... I tell you, the SC is worth every penny. I had the original mavic pro, then got the spark, sold the pro and got the 2 pro with SC. I now also have the mini. Out of all these drones, my 2 pro is basically the only one I really use. Why? Well, of course it is the best one of the lot, with the resulting image quality, but the biggest reason is ease of use. With the original pro, I had to take the drone out, remove gimball guard. Take the controller, switch it on. Get the phone, put it in aircraft mode, switch on the app. Fumble with cables, connect the lot. Switch on the drone. Fire up the app and hope for a connection... it is always such a "process", that it takes away a lot of your attention from other pre-flight checks, especially of there are friends or onlookers present. With the 2pro+sc: Take drone, take of gimball clamp, switch on. Take the controller, switch on, click go. Wait a couple of seconds and you are ready to fly. It's absolutely great, and screen size is not an issue at all. Due to the increased brightness, you are so much better able to spot details (power lines anybody?)... really, worth every penny.

Attachments

• FW279 on SC.JPG
    FW279 on SC.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 39
I have the DJI SC and I'm a big fan of it, but like anything (CrystalSky) I fear it has a shelf life given that they run on older versions of Android. That said, it is a fantastic controller however I'm not sure I will opt for it when buying my next drone as I'm sure my S20 Ultra would do a fine job also.

If you aren’t bothered by the price, it’s a nice addition to the drone kit. The brightness is what sold me on my first CrystalSky, now I have two. You quickly realize how useful all the other features are: HDMI, microSD slot, etc.

Just don’t buy an UltraBright model, they have a long reputation for being faulty.
I'm just wondering why you'd need two?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103