DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is Mainboard of Platinum same of Mavic Pro?

serenavv

Reactions
Hello,

I have to repair crashed Mavic Pro Platinum.
Mainbard is damaged and I have to replace it.
I'm searching an used mainboard, can I use main board of Mavic Pro (black)?
Is it same part of platinum version?

I know ESC board is different.
Could you tell me if there are other differences in electronic parts?
Gimbal and camera are the same?

Thank you a lot

Reactions: Bill combs
Hello,

Thank you a lot
I replaced my mainboard in my MPP after I bricked it. I bought one on eBay from Mid City Hobbies that was recovered from a Mavic Pro. Based on my experience, it works the same.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 5.01.54 PM.png

I replaced my mainboard in my MPP after I bricked it. I bought one on eBay from Mid City Hobbies that was recovered from a Mavic Pro. Based on my experience, it works the same.

Thank you for your feedback.
Do you had troubles with wifi?
Each MPP has a different SSID and psw for wifi, I think they are stored in wifi board but I'm not sure.

What is the problem of your old main?

Thank you for your feedback.
Do you had troubles with wifi?
Each MPP has a different SSID and psw for wifi, I think they are stored in wifi board but I'm not sure.

What is the problem of your old main?
I don't have experience with the WiFi functionality as I never tried to control my MPP via WiFi. However, I do know that Mid City Hobby included the sticker assigned to the new board with the WiFi SSID, and password. They are very thorough and quick.

Regarding my old board, I screwed it up by trying to downgrade the firmware to a version that required the MPP to have an on-board memory card. I was implementing a hack to change flight characteristics. After I got the new board, I still did the hack (Super-Patcher). It works great... I have made hundreds of flights with it.

Hello,

Thank you a lot
i believe it is the same the esc is different though

View attachment 84025
i’m curious about how you bricked your mpp? i work on my own drones when or if they have problems and would like to know what i can do to avoid that problem?

i’m curious about how you bricked your mpp? i work on my own drones when or if they have problems and would like to know what i can do to avoid that problem?
It's kind of a long story, but I my lens unit was suddenly unable to focus. There was a theory that the firmware may have something to do with it since I had implemented some changes in the firmware. So I was trying to downgrade to a much older version (01.03.1000) to do an experiment. On some newer Mavic Pros that were manufactured after firmware 01.04.0100 they shipped without an internal SD card. Firmware 01.03.1000 and below required an internal card for the flight controller to write flight logs. Without that SD card, the downgrade will fail. Mine did fail and I was unable to ever connect to the aircraft (what I call "bricking"). So I had to mark it up to experience, get over it and I buy a new one. If you don't mess around like I did, you should not experience this.

It's kind of a long story, but I my lens unit was suddenly unable to focus. There was a theory that the firmware may have something to do with it since I had implemented some changes in the firmware. So I was trying to downgrade to a much older version (01.03.1000) to do an experiment. On some newer Mavic Pros that were manufactured after firmware 01.04.0100 they shipped without an internal SD card. Firmware 01.03.1000 and below required an internal card for the flight controller to write flight logs. Without that SD card, the downgrade will fail. Mine did fail and I was unable to ever connect to the aircraft (what I call "bricking"). So I had to mark it up to experience, get over it and I buy a new one. If you don't mess around like I did, you should not experience this.
Fortunately I know for a fact I have an sd card on that board because I saw it,thanks for the reply

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Hey, I found this thread by chance while trying to debug the unable to focus issue, did you by any chance solve the focus issue by replacing the mainboard? I’m asking because im wondering if the signal to focus is routed from the mainboard to the camera or generated in the gimbal board. Any how im seeing the lens move when starting up so my guess is that the internals of the lens seem ok.

take care /

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S