DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Mavic 3 Classic good for vertical video?

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I'm considering upgrading to a Mavic 3 Classic from a Mavic Air 2. I'm wondering, is the Mavic 3 Classic good for vertical video (tiktok, reels, yt shorts...)? Will it be good quality even with cropping it to 1080P vertical?

Hello, I'm considering upgrading to a Mavic 3 Classic from a Mavic Air 2. I'm wondering, is the Mavic 3 Classic good for vertical video (tiktok, reels, yt shorts...)? Will it be good quality even with cropping it to 1080P vertical?
Yes. The resolution from the main lens is 5280×3956 so a vertical will have 3956pixels top to bottom when you crop so of course...more than enough for any HD video. The Mini 3 Pro will rotate the lens and let you shoot even higher resolution but of course the Mav will hold out against wind...and do many other things the Mini 3 can't.

Reactions: Merrill277
Stay on Topic! I will delete every post that deals with anything other than the OP's question. Your thoughts on verticle videos are not necessary. {Already removed a few)

Thanks.

Reactions: drhitch54
If you want to rotate a video to vertical (portrait) format versus horizontal (landscape) you don't need a ton of resolution on pixels...

For the display market, UHD means 3840x2160 (exactly four times HD), and 4K is often used interchangeably to refer to that same resolution. For the digital cinema market, however, 4K means 4096x2160, or 256 pixels wider than UHD.

I find the rotated video to look nice on Instagram. Whenever I crop a horizontal video to make it fit vertical content platforms I end up hating how crappy the video looks. One day I'll get a mini 3 pro for my vertical content desires.

Reactions: Yaros
If vertical video is the way you want to go then just get the Mini 3 pro It does great verticals. Some people are concerned about the wind but if I’m concerned about wind I’m not going to fly. Check out the YOUTUBE videos on the Mini 3 pro in wind . See if it will handle the winds you fly in before yoU spend a dime 🤔

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143