DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my Mavic Air RC draining phone battery?

Fasanz

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

This is the second time that I experience the following behavior. While flying my Mavic Air, with the controlled connected my iPhone 6 (which both fully charged) and after less than 10 minutes of flying, it when from 96% to 0%.

Is it possible the remote controller is draining the battery in my phone. I can leave the phone on my desk for two days (without charging it) and the lowest it will go on battery is 30%.

Thanks in advanced,
Francisco

It is usually the other way around, the phone drains the RC. I would think that a drain that rapid would heat up the phone battery. Does the phone feel hot?

You could try a different cable.

Mossiback,

The phone doesn't get hot. Just the usual. I will try a different phone.

Thanks for your response,
Francisco

After I charged the iPhone, I received the following message:

"This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this form happening again"

Thanks,
Francisco

The second time I flew my Mavic Air, my iphone went from around 50% to shutting down in a very short time (like 3 minutes). Now I make sure that I have 80% ++ battery in the phone and I switch it to airplane mode once the app has downloaded the map. No problems since.

Reactions: Fasanz
What is your iPhone battery health at? You can check this by going to your Settings ==> Battery ==> Battery health Beta. As an "apple-expert" (unsolicited, personal opinion of myself.. oops), I would assume that the most likely cause of the problem is that your phone battery health is probably below 85%. It would also be a good idea to have your phone on airplane mode (like the person said above) to turn off auxiliary functions of your phone while flying.

Sudden shutdown messages, draining drastically from 96% to 0% shouldn't ideally happen often for most people. I currently own an iPhone X myself to fly my mavic air, and even in cold weathers (below -10 oC in Canada), I haven't experienced any battery drain issues as you described.

Temperature does affect your phone's battery however; I noticed that my phone battery does tend to drain faster when cold, and sometimes I'll gain about 3~4% once I'm inside and the phone has warmed up.

I also have an iPhone6 and whereas the battery’s health looked ok, it drained within a few minutes. A battery replacement did miracles.

La soluzione esiste,bisogna modificare il cavo USB/Micro USB inserendo un componente elettronico sul positivo cavo rosso,perchè per poter funzionare la radio ha bisogno comunque di leggere la tensione dello smartphone, il componente elettronico permette l'invio della tensione alla radio per farla funzionare regolarmente,ma non permette che la radio,non faccia da power bank,così risolvi il problema io l'ho fatto è ti garantisco che funziona,serve solo un po' di pratica con l'elettronica tutto qua,fammi sapere ciao.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54