DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my photo oversaturated?

ecdeveloper

Reactions
Hey pilots,

Newbie here. I'm not really a photographer, I just started learning. I was shooting some pictures today with my Mavic 2 Pro, having my settings set to Auto. One of the photos I got feels really really oversaturated, greens are too.. green. Am I getting it wrong? If I'm right, what would you suggest to get those colors right?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0025.JPG
    DJI_0025.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: JoostGT3
Looks ok to me mate, but I dont know what the 'real picture' looks like?
I would continue to practice and play with settings, then evetually invest in a post processor like Lightroom..
For now though, dont be too critical on yourself!! Enjoy and learn!!!
RESIZE2.jpg

Thanks @Simmo! I'm actually an amateur with photos processing, and I'm willing to stay that way haha! Spending hours/days in Lightroom doesn't sound appealing to me as I always relied on whatever the default settings/processing can bring me. I'll keep playing with my mavic camera settings, but I'm glad the picture doesn't look too bad.

Thanks @Wetfun! Thats for non-raw images, right?

DJI seem to struggle with blues and greens, not so much over-saturated as somehow not quite the right shade, however your pic looks pretty good for a slightly hazy very bright day.
Zoomed right in there's some JPG artefacts and noise reduction splodging, results are quite a bit better shooting raw DNGs

It looks very good!

IMHO You photo looks fine. Applying the right amount of saturation is generally a personal preference, just like when various films were used for their various color results.

FWIW

It’s looks pretty good to me.

Is that a guy hanging on a pole in the trees? Or has my imagination run away with me?
I hope it's your imagination! :D

Also, thank you all! Now I feel much better about my recent Mavic purchase haha.

Hey pilots,

Newbie here. I'm not really a photographer, I just started learning. I was shooting some pictures today with my Mavic 2 Pro, having my settings set to Auto. One of the photos I got feels really really oversaturated, greens are too.. green. Am I getting it wrong? If I'm right, what would you suggest to get those colors right?

Thanks!

Ha mate,
The picture looks pretty good, but I understand why you ask. It seems like the blues and greens are a bit strong, something I also noticed with my M2P. It may be a case not of saturation, but whitebalance. Maybe you can play around with that first, before delving into post.
On days like these, you can easily switch the white balance from "auto" to "daylight", or "sunny" (don't recall the term DJI uses). You will see quite some difference in the result. Also, be sure to leave the settings on "jpeg & raw", so at least you can play around in photoshop or any other RAW editing program. Maybe not with the aim of post-processing, but it might help you to get the right settings when shooting.

Hey pilots,

Thanks!
I like it just as it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242