DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is NFZ updated through updating the controller or the actual drone?

Platypuff

Reactions
I'm new here, so sorry if I'm posting this in a wrong area. I was curious if the No Fly Zone maps is updated from updating the controller individually or the drone. Thank you.

All indications seem to point to only the Apps database being updated.
New firmware may change that.

Rob

All indications seem to point to only the Apps database being updated.
New firmware may change that.

Rob
Thanks for your reply. However I don't think it's updated through the app, it's either the drone or the controller. The reason I say that is because I had a defective drone that I had updated to .800 when I first got it. There is a military base near our city and it takes up 30% of our small city as a NFZ. When I exchanged my defective drone for a new one I noticed that before I had updated the replacement, the NFZ turned into a green "Fly With Caution" area. This is on .700 firmware.

Thanks for your reply. However I don't think it's updated through the app, it's either the drone or the controller. The reason I say that is because I had a defective drone that I had updated to .800 when I first got it. There is a military base near our city and it takes up 30% of our small city as a NFZ. When I exchanged my defective drone for a new one I noticed that before I had updated the replacement, the NFZ turned into a green "Fly With Caution" area. This is on .700 firmware.

Then the app probably does write to the drones database and updates it. A lot is being learned as we speak, I am reading a lot of new stuff every day on how the NFZ files work. I know its a three tiered system, but people are still looking into all the interactions.

Rob

The GEO database is updated from the app. If the app is online you'll see your NFZ evolve transparently at some point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929