DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Samsung Galaxy A71 Compatible with MM and DJI Fly App?

I've been running the Fly app on an A70 with Android 10 without any problems.
I'm not sure what the differences are between those two models.

Today my first fight with the mm and the Samsung Galaxy A71 and it worked ok!
I'm also interested in the A71 and I have question about how the Fly app is displayed on it. The A71 has 20:9 aspect ratio (long and narrow display) vs 16:9 (more common) , does the Fly app put black bars on both sides of the display to maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio within the app or will it expand out and move some of the onscreen elements out further to reduce clutter for the live video coming from the Mini? Also, is the display bright enough to use out in the sunlight?

The A70 has the same aspect ratio as the A71. I use the A70 model and the app fills the screen, no black bars in the top and bottom of the screen.

Reactions: Ron Isarin
Probably yes but still it's a tight fit and if you have a case it must be removed. I bought a phone/tablet holder. Much easier to mount/unmount the phone and if needed, it provides the extra space should you choose to use a tablet.

I find that with the phone elevated, you take advantage of the large screen of the phone.

I'm also interested in the A71 and I have question about how the Fly app is displayed on it. The A71 has 20:9 aspect ratio (long and narrow display) vs 16:9 (more common) , does the Fly app put black bars on both sides of the display to maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio within the app or will it expand out and move some of the onscreen elements out further to reduce clutter for the live video coming from the Mini? Also, is the display bright enough to use out in the sunlight?
Very nice screen!
And see other comment about full screen (what it is).

Reactions: Shane034
Yes I did! Extremely happy with it. I am not an extreme pilot myself but rather a conservative flyer.

It does and performs as expected, steady and reliable so far. I haven't had any SW glitches nor errors till now. I think the marketing moto everyday flycam is spot on!

Probably yes but still it's a tight fit and if you have a case it must be removed. I bought a phone/tablet holder. Much easier to mount/unmount the phone and if needed, it provides the extra space should you choose to use a tablet.

I find that with the phone elevated, you take advantage of the large screen of the phone.
I just received a tablet holder and will test it soon.

Reactions: Xanadu
Yes I did! Extremely happy with it. I am not an extreme pilot myself but rather a conservative flyer.

It does and performs as expected, steady and reliable so far. I haven't had any SW glitches nor errors till now. I think the marketing moto everyday flycam is spot on!
Yes for me the flying (as a sport) is not so imported (but I like it) the fotos and video is more important for me.
Enjoy your flights!

Reactions: Xanadu
You won't be disappointed with the mount. Its extremely practical!

I agree, I enjoy both flying and shooting but a bit more the shooting part off it.

Take care, safe flights, safe landings and let's enjoy our drones!!

I had to upgrade my phone to run the Fly app and the A71 with it's 20:9 aspect ratio screen looked like a good candidate for the Fly app as I was hoping some of the telemetry and on screen displays would shift further to the sides and thus have a less cluttered view of the of the live feed from the MA2. So I bought this model SM-A715F for use in the USA. It does come with a two prong charger (no adapter needed), NFC (even though the specs said no NFC), earphones and a clear case.

Fly app, "Video" mode
Screenshot_20200523-030932.jpg

Fly app, "Photo" mode
Screenshot_20200523-030857.jpg

As you can see several onscreen displays moved out to the black background, making the white lettering much easier to read while in the air.

If you have the Mavic Air 2 controller you can see there is plenty of room to place the phone in the holder without having to take the case off.
DSC00855.jpg

Today my first fight with the mm and the Samsung Galaxy A71 and it worked ok!
Hi there! I have a Samsung Galaxy A71 and I've been having some issues connecting with the mavic mini. I can download the app and everything but when I try to connect with the controller it says it can't conenct, to check the cable, but everything is connected properly. I have tried to change the USB options, but don't really know which is the right one when using the droen. Any tips? Thank you

Hi there! I have a Samsung Galaxy A71 and I've been having some issues connecting with the mavic mini. I can download the app and everything but when I try to connect with the controller it says it can't conenct, to check the cable, but everything is connected properly. I have tried to change the USB options, but don't really know which is the right one when using the droen. Any tips? Thank you
what app? dji go4 or dji fly?

The Samsung Galaxy is 64 bit ARM UPC and Android 10 .... so I hope it is compatible?!
Good morning Ron (ok, afternoon, your time)
My new Samsung A 71 seems completely compatible with the DJI fly app and Mavic Mini. Phone barely fits though but it works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929