DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Santa Bringing you a Mavic for Christmas?

wytnyt

Reactions
My mavic has been under the tree since December 2nd,TWO MORE DAYS,WOOHOO
I didnt bother wrapping it but its there all sealed and waiting,I tried keeping it to the back of the tree,out of sight,but my grand daughter keeps putting it to the front.:oops:
So who else is getting a new drone in 2 days?

Me! Me! Me!

During the wait, I've purchased a 2 extra battery hardshell case, one of those rubbery RC stick/screen protector, a Skyreat iPad holder and windsails - all from Ebay. Oh, and I got a full set of 8331 blades from DJI. Still waiting for that rubbery RC stick/screen protector, but everything else is sitting wrapped under the tree. I'm 54, but I'm still like a little kindy-gartner.

For those of you new to flying, I suggest to watch video after video on youtube in addition to reading the manual. That's what I did before getting my P4, and those many videos helped me immensely to familiarize myself with everything.

I have one waiting. But I did open it up and have charged all batteries and completed the firmware updates. Snuck in a cheeky test flight whilst the wife was sleeping in an she busted me. Fantastic little machine. Looking forward to tomorrow although the weather forecast isn't looking too good.
Fly safe and enjoy

Lol I dont know how y'all can wait knowing that its just sitting there wrapped! More power to ya though! Welcome the Mavic world!!!
its hard waiting,,hard hard hard hard hard hard
yeah its hard

Any tips for first flights or setup??
I feel like an expert even tho ive never flown any,all thx to this forums many members,and no,its always a learning process
my tip
read forum topics and watch youtube

Reactions: ftttu
Hi Guys. Yes I have a platinum mavic waiting for it's virgin flight after Xmas.
I have done all the firmware updates etc and will re charge the batteries before attempting to fly in an open space in beginner mode.
I must say that I was very tempted to try a cheeky take off inside the house but after reading some of the posts of first day disasters decided against it.
I am 66 years young and am also excited about my new toy.

Hello All from Houston. I just ordered and it should be here by end of next week. Now the fear is setting in. Can anyone recommend some training reads and initial you tubes to watch. Maybe some "don't do this and don't do that" Just looking for some form of familiarization and path to follow. Any help would be much appreciated. Looks like there may be some firmware updates after poking so maybe that will be one of the first things to do.

Yep got my refurbished one a few days ago.. From my favorite person who always seems to know what I want... Me

Reactions: ftttu
Hello All from Houston. I just ordered and it should be here by end of next week. Now the fear is setting in. Can anyone recommend some training reads and initial you tubes to watch. Maybe some "don't do this and don't do that" Just looking for some form of familiarization and path to follow. Any help would be much appreciated. Looks like there may be some firmware updates after poking so maybe that will be one of the first things to do.
Hello, from a fellow Houstonian. Just go to youtube and type in mavic pro. You will get a lot of good videos which will get you on your way. TVS Pro has some pretty in-depth ones, and Ed Ricker, just to name a couple.

I hope EVERYONE who is getting a new Mavic for Christmas a very merry Christmas Drone day ....

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE download the FULL Mavic user guide and take it slowly

Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Also please don't do your first flights in a confined space go out into the open so you don't bump into anything.

My number one suggestion when flying for the first few times is use the Precision take of feature for your fist flights.

Happy flying :) There is nothing like the smell of a new Mavic.......

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair