Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Air 2 any better ?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojonono

Reactions
Hi

I have been a mavic owner since my original mavic pro but unfortunately the mavic pro was never a stable or a reliable drone, dozens of sensor calibrations and weird behaviors during flight, ****** batteries from Dji and finally it crashed couple of weeks ago and possibly non repairable.

Some of the issues it gave me and short coming of that model (but not limited to)
- down vision sensors required repeated calibration using a PC.
- remaining on ATTI mode and with some wind it will swing from side to side (presumably not acquiring GPS)
- the nasty dji go4 app, i had to check my settings every single time i launch the app, settings will change for no reason after turning off the drone from previous slight or even a FW upgrade which was quite rare recently !...?
- batteries flying for less and less time, broken cells etc.
- gimbal will suddenly rotate and start making weird movements in the mid air and stop recording !!...

some of the short comings in that model which drove me nuts:
- quite a noisy image even in excellent day light ! (apparently due to the highly compressed video file)
- extremely compressed 40Mbps videos making it almost impossible editing the footage with premiere pro ! (trust me on that !)

One nasty and huge problem i faced from time to time (as long as years ago when i recently obtained the drone) was that the dji go app will loose connection and screen becomes grey while drone in mid-air, so i have to reboot the app (on android phone(s))

And finally weird signal lost messages, controller error and signal lost, forever !...

What am wondering here, are there more problems than just that with dji products ? and is the new mavic air 2 any better than the original mavic pro ?

Id really want to have a Single Drone from now on, just like having a single dslr, action cam, etc... and never loose it again or have to buy a new drone every couple of years or so and not having to spend tons of money on repairs,

i trust dji is reputable enough, but is the drone technology really mature enough to invest money in ? and as a Chinese company is it reputable and reliable enough and have proper quality control and a good engineering dept. etc ? or better to stay away from the aerial photography for the time being and its just a huge hype ?

thanks,

It does sound like you had several problems. When the problems started, was it still in warranty & did you contact DJI?
Lastly, your asking questions about a drone, (Mavic Air 2) which only some reviewers have received. John Doe won't receive one until after May 11th. Suggest you Google YouTube and watch and ask questions of some of the reviewers. You could also read what others have posted below each video.

Reactions: Paulf10
+1 and + 1 on SAR104 and Recoveryone 's posts. I had 3 MP's, built a nice commercial business with them, then passed them on to a daughter who is using two commercially for real estate shoots and a grandson flying one recreationally. Had a great experience with them over 2 years of ownership and heavy use.

Last edited:
I own my mp, m2p, mavic mini and never have a single issue , soon as the problems start you should contact dji support to try to solve it I think you just had a bad drone , also really stable machines . No doubt if you get the ma2 you’ll be fine.good luck .

Reactions: Paulf10
All that and it wasn't even the Air, everyone's favorite object of wrath! I am baffled!

Reactions: Lastrexking
Hi

I have been a mavic owner since my original mavic pro but unfortunately the mavic pro was never a stable or a reliable drone, dozens of sensor calibrations and weird behaviors during flight, ****** batteries from Dji and finally it crashed couple of weeks ago and possibly non repairable.

Some of the issues it gave me and short coming of that model (but not limited to)
- remaining on ATTI mode and with some wind it will swing from side to side (presumably not acquiring GPS)
- the nasty dji go4 app, i had to check my settings every single time i launch the app, settings will change for no reason after turning off the drone from previous slight or even a FW upgrade which was quite rare recently !...?
- gimbal will suddenly rotate and start making weird movements in the mid air and stop recording !!...

- quite a noisy image even in excellent day light ! (apparently due to the highly compressed video file)
- extremely compressed 40Mbps videos making it almost impossible editing the footage with premiere pro ! (trust me on that !)

One nasty and huge problem i faced from time to time (as long as years ago when i recently obtained the drone) was that the dji go app will loose connection and screen becomes grey while drone in mid-air, so i have to reboot the app (on android phone(s))

And finally weird signal lost messages, controller error and signal lost, forever !...

What am wondering here, are there more problems than just that with dji products ? and is the new mavic air 2 any better than the original mavic pro ?

Id really want to have a Single Drone from now on, just like having a single dslr, action cam, etc... and never loose it again or have to buy a new drone every couple of years or so and not having to spend tons of money on repairs,

i trust dji is reputable enough, but is the drone technology really mature enough to invest money in ? and as a Chinese company is it reputable and reliable enough and have proper quality control and a good engineering dept. etc ? or better to stay away from the aerial photography for the time being and its just a huge hype ?

thanks,
I’ve not had any of those problems with my Mavic pro it’s been a great little aircraft
Apart from one of its battery’s failed due to a bad cell

I had an MP and currently have an MA and an M2P and they have all functioned flawlessly! I have an osmo pocket and action too and they are perfect too. DJI kit is pretty **** good in my opinion.

Reactions: mereflyer
Hi

thanks,
Wow! That is really a bad history! I am now entering my 3rd year of droning. I had the Mavic Air for a year and a half, crashed it twice but had it repaired. I sold the brand new one (actually refurbished) and bought the Mavic 2 Pro which I have had since Nov 2019. I have never had most of the issues you describe. I have no idea about the Mavic Air 2 but I can vouch for the Mavic Air 1 and the Mavic 2 Pro that I had a few losses of signal but for the most part, felt pretty comfortable with each drone. Perhaps it was the model you had.

Hi

thanks,
Been very satisfied with my M1P, though must admit to some problems but nothing so serious as you have had. My advice is wait and see what others say about the new M2A and if all good as publicity says, then definitely go get one...

[
Maybe, that's from the OPs previous posts on the problems he has had.
You Talking about this.?

[

You Talking about this.?

Or:

Or:

Well I wasn’t gonna bring it up but yeah. ?

[

You Talking about this.?

That one and these . . .

Both could cause issues the OP was experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku