DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the FAA reviewing and approving airspace authorization requests and Part 107 waivers during government shutdown?

RickMC

Reactions
I submitted an airspace authorization request through faadronezone.faa.com a few days ago. The location where I want to fly is in Class D airspace for an airport that isn't using LAANC yet. I've heard others say they got their authorizations approved in only a few days. I haven't heard anything after a few days so I'm just wondering if the FAA is even looking at these requests during the government shutdown?

Reactions: TerreDrone
I use AirMap it works fine with instant authorization

I use AirMap it works fine with instant authorization
Yeah I’ve used AirMap and LAANC before but this airspace is for an airport that isn’t part of LAANC yet so you have to submit a request through the FAA.

I submitted an airspace authorization request through faadronezone.faa.com a few days ago. The location where I want to fly is in Class D airspace for an airport that isn't using LAANC yet. I've heard others say they got their authorizations approved in only a few days. I haven't heard anything after a few days so I'm just wondering if the FAA is even looking at these requests during the government shutdown?

I submitted a site approval for bridge inspection for this weekend (nothing heard back yet). I wondered the same thing on the gov't shutdown, yet I also have heard of others getting COA renewals in a matter of days. In attempt to aid future work, in addition to my site specific, I filed a blanket COA for my local airport (also not in LAANC) so I am hopeful this will get approved in a timely fashion and I won't have to file AA's and can just do NOTAMs as needed.

OP, please update if/when you get approved, I will do the same.

A few people have posted recently about getting authorizations approved during the shutdown, so it seems like that department is up and running.

Reactions: TerreDrone
So my airspace authorization request status went from “Submitted” to “Canceled (FAA)”. Yet no reason was given why it was canceled. Anyone have a clue why this would happen? I didn’t cancel it myself.

How much detail did you put into your request? For location, plan of operations, in accordance to, etc. Have you gotten other AA's approved previously or is this your first one?

How much detail did you put into your request? For location, plan of operations, in accordance to, etc. Have you gotten other AA's approved previously or is this your first one?
First one, I looked a little closer and it was canceled because the date I applied for had lapsed. I should have put a date further into the future. Lesson learned.

I received word this morning, FAA granted/approved my COA for flying in Class D airspace. It took approx. 10 days.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest