DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is the Hangar 360 app dead?

SunnyD

Reactions
I loved that app when it worked. Captured lots of cool (and free) interactive 360 panos over the years. I captured one last season that took over a week to process from their servers (normally took 5-30 mins), and I have a current one that has been processing for weeks. I emailed the developers and and wrote an IOS review, no response.
has anyone used this recently?

Yep! Its dead! I had about eight 360 Degree Panorama's that I captured and uploaded to thier website. Then shared those links to the 360 Degree Panorama's here in thier own thread only to find out that every single one of those links are now dead!

Very disappointing! They always say you get what you pay for and since I paid nothing well I received nothing! LOL

I found that one can still use the Hangar 360 App to send your bird up and capture the snaps needed for the 360 Degree Panorama's and the grab the images from the SD card and post process them to create the final 360 Degree Panorama , but its a good deal more work than just having thier servers do the work for ya.

Reactions: Kilrah
Hmmm, so it worked for you the other day @dirkclod ? Sounds like @BD0G ’s experience was the same as mine.
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled as well.
Using latest Mavic 1 firmware, go4 software, iOS on iPhone 7+. :confused:

Well I''m on a 7"9 iPad with the latest everything . I mean all up to date and worked fine then. Getting ready to take the MP out as it has warmed up and sun about right and fly. I will do a couple and place in this if it works still .last time was Oct 31 and have had several phone updates as well as I believe I had to do a app one also so we shall see shortly .

Last edited:
Unsurprising it's dead since there isn't a reason to it anymore, the supported aircraft can do 360s on their own now.

I am so surprised it still works for you! I cannot access any of my previous 360's and when I try to upload a new one it just indicates it cannot process it.

I use the same technique. GO4 to get the bird in the air. Then Hangar 360 to begin the photo process. When finished GO4 to fly back.

Im going to try one tomorrow just to determine if it now works.

Reactions: dirkclod
I am so surprised it still works for you! I cannot access any of my previous 360's and when I try to upload a new one it just indicates it cannot process it.

I use the same technique. GO4 to get the bird in the air. Then Hangar 360 to begin the photo process. When finished GO4 to fly back.

Im going to try one tomorrow just to determine if it now works.
It hadn't never stoped with me.Only thing is I have 100 of these things in the app . Need to find out how to delete the ones I don't want .I have all I have took .

I just checked all of my previous links to 360 Degree Panorama's and BOOM! They are back! I do not understand what happened , but I am pleased that they have now returned. I totally expected them to show and error when being accessed.

Hangar 360 has renewed my faith in them for the moment. I will continue to use thier services as the price is right and they take alot of the post processing off my shoulders and use thier servers to complete the stitching and display.

I am now going to try an upload one that has been on my tablet within the app for a while and see how it goes.

I will update this thread with results.
Makes me want to go out and take more 360's! Yeah!

Reactions: dirkclod
Well I had never lost none and hope you mean the price is right cause it is free .

Reactions: BD0G
Question: I took a 360 Pano using Hangar 360 in the past and tried to upload it to the Hangar site. Just spun and spun and never uploaded. Gave me an error I think.
So I just copied all of the files off of the SD card into my NAS for storage. Now that there seems to be hope is there a way to place all of those files back on the SD card in an order with a certain directory structure that will allow me to trigger the Hangar 360 app to realize that this 360 pano has not been uploaded to the site and begin that process? I would like all my 360 pano's in one spot and since I started with Hangar 360 I might as well continue with them.

Well I have out of the hundred that's in the app about 5 that are still processing and figured it was because I took several of them to late which the sun had went about down and wasn't sure on the others other than I had messed up . They are still now as just a blank box. I see this
IMG_2019.jpeg hit it then this IMG_2020.jpeg .

Can you tell me the directory structure that is created on the SD card for Hangar 360 Pano's? I want to recreate that directory structure . Copy all of my unprocessed 360 Pano files into that directory and try and trick Hangar 360 into uploading them to the website and processing them for me.

Can you tell me the directory structure that is created on the SD card for Hangar 360 Pano's? I want to recreate that directory structure . Copy all of my unprocessed 360 Pano files into that directory and try and trick Hangar 360 into uploading them to the website and processing them for me.
Buddy I haven't a clue, sorry .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser