DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic 3 fully debugged..?

Jorge Vergara Latoja

Reactions
Hello Community...!... I cordially greet each one of you, wishing you are well. I apologize if this topic is already being discussed or if I've gotten a little lost in the threads regarding this. My query is regarding the Mavic 3, there has been a lot of talk about it, several people who make up this community already have this drone, could any of you comment on the real condition of the Firmwere in which this equipment is found? I have read various opinions, problems or concerns from users of this equipment, but in short I do not know if it already has all its functions, if it can already be said that this drone is 100% in general and only has some small details. I have not updated my Mavic Pro2 due to this same situation and I would appreciate anyone who can clarify my doubt to know if it is still worth it or not to change my unit. Thank you so much.
George.

Hello Community...!... I cordially greet each one of you, wishing you are well. I apologize if this topic is already being discussed or if I've gotten a little lost in the threads regarding this. My query is regarding the Mavic 3, there has been a lot of talk about it, several people who make up this community already have this drone, could any of you comment on the real condition of the Firmwere in which this equipment is found? I have read various opinions, problems or concerns from users of this equipment, but in short I do not know if it already has all its functions, if it can already be said that this drone is 100% in general and only has some small details. I have not updated my Mavic Pro2 due to this same situation and I would appreciate anyone who can clarify my doubt to know if it is still worth it or not to change my unit. Thank you so much.
George.
Many of us on this forum are holding our gunpowder...e.g.: we are not buying it yet. The latest flap, after the big January firmware update with all of the goodies was that it took some users up to 6 minutes to get GPS home point! (see 51 Drones video). Also, still no waypoints like my M2P. Since I do not do much night flying, the big sensor is not as attractive to me. So I am still in the wait and see status. What is the point of have more battery time if you use it up waiting for the GPS homeport lady to sing.

Dale
Miami

Many of us on this forum are holding our gunpowder...e.g.: we are not buying it yet. The latest flap, after the big January firmware update with all of the goodies was that it took some users up to 6 minutes to get GPS home point! (see 51 Drones video). Also, still no waypoints like my M2P. Since I do not do much night flying, the big sensor is not as attractive to me. So I am still in the wait and see status. What is the point of have more battery time if you use it up waiting for the GPS homeport lady to sing.

Dale
Miami
Hello Dale.!..Thanks for answering…it seems that there is not much progress in the M3, what a disappointment and even more so for those who already have it, you say well; that it is worth having more capacity in the battery for more minutes of flight if the drone takes minutes to establish the starting point or the load of a minimum GPS number to be able to take off with confidence…it is a real disaster…now I understand why Youtubers that I follow and that I know that DJI "gift" them in M3 have not made more tutorial videos of this Drone, since it continues despite the latest Firmware with very relevant details...excuse me for the expression "but it sucks" , the one that puts a Drone with so many details on the market, that they have published that in January of this year 2022 the Firmwere would give all the capabilities with all the applications activated and that it has not been like that and even more for the worse, now with details in the GPS… Let's keep waiting to see if the third attempt of Firmwere DJI manages to get out of this bad step that has taken with putting this M3 on the market without being fully optimized. Greetings.!

Hello Dale.!..Thanks for answering…it seems that there is not much progress in the M3, what a disappointment and even more so for those who already have it, you say well; that it is worth having more capacity in the battery for more minutes of flight if the drone takes minutes to establish the starting point or the load of a minimum GPS number to be able to take off with confidence…it is a real disaster…now I understand why Youtubers that I follow and that I know that DJI "gift" them in M3 have not made more tutorial videos of this Drone, since it continues despite the latest Firmware with very relevant details...excuse me for the expression "but it sucks" , the one that puts a Drone with so many details on the market, that they have published that in January of this year 2022 the Firmwere would give all the capabilities with all the applications activated and that it has not been like that and even more for the worse, now with details in the GPS… Let's keep waiting to see if the third attempt of Firmwere DJI manages to get out of this bad step that has taken with putting this M3 on the market without being fully optimized. Greetings.!
My wife and I have planned a trip to Santiago/Atacama Desert Explora Lodge/Santiago/Easter Island. Tried through the air authorities to get a permit but they are total a-holes and I gave up. I will still bring the M2P. I know Eastern Island does not allow drones so maybe in Santiago, Desert, and Valparaiso. Cove may prevent Easter Island- they are now closed.

My wife and I have planned a trip to Santiago/Atacama Desert Explora Lodge/Santiago/Easter Island. Tried through the air authorities to get a permit but they are total a-holes and I gave up. I will still bring the M2P. I know Eastern Island does not allow drones so maybe in Santiago, Desert, and Valparaiso. Cove may prevent Easter Island- they are now closed.
Dale, it is a very good route that they intend to do here in Chile, the City of Santiago, which is the capital of my country, has very interesting and very beautiful places, Valparaíso is the City with the main port of my country too, with its picturesque hills, a very boenian city with very attractive places. Easter Island is simply beautiful…The Atacama desert has its charm and very beautiful landscapes with its orange sunsets that give very varied colors to its hills…I live in Copiapó, a city just steps from the Atacama desert, I think you will have very good to meet. The Directorate of Civil Aeronautics of Chile (DGAC) is in charge of authorizing and controlling the use and flight of Drones in Chile. You can fly your Drone recreationally without the need to request an authorization, as long as it is not in populated, prohibited or government interest areas. If you have a license from your country to pilot Drones, it seems to me that you can validate a provisional permit while you are in Chile and you can do that online on the DGAC website. Regarding being able to travel with your drone to Chile, well there are certain restrictions regarding batteries, how to transport them, the amount of them and things like that. I wish you a good experience on this trip that you have planned to do together with your Wife. Greetings.'

Reactions: Wade L.
Dale, it is a very good route that they intend to do here in Chile, the City of Santiago, which is the capital of my country, has very interesting and very beautiful places, Valparaíso is the City with the main port of my country too, with its picturesque hills, a very boenian city with very attractive places. Easter Island is simply beautiful…The Atacama desert has its charm and very beautiful landscapes with its orange sunsets that give very varied colors to its hills…I live in Copiapó, a city just steps from the Atacama desert, I think you will have very good to meet. The Directorate of Civil Aeronautics of Chile (DGAC) is in charge of authorizing and controlling the use and flight of Drones in Chile. You can fly your Drone recreationally without the need to request an authorization, as long as it is not in populated, prohibited or government interest areas. If you have a license from your country to pilot Drones, it seems to me that you can validate a provisional permit while you are in Chile and you can do that online on the DGAC website. Regarding being able to travel with your drone to Chile, well there are certain restrictions regarding batteries, how to transport them, the amount of them and things like that. I wish you a good experience on this trip that you have planned to do together with your Wife. Greetings.'
Hello Jorge:

I am grateful for your information. I have been to Santiago four times, to and from Patagonia, and to and from Antarctica. We have a private guide for one day in Santiago, and a private guide for one day in Valparaiso. In the Atacama, we are staying at Explora Lodge 4 days, and will have formal hikes and activities, and then I have two free days where I have rented a car. I intend to drive south to Ojos de Solar for astro photography, and outside of the city to fly the drone. We also are driving a rental car for a day in the wine region and lunch at a nice restaurant. I plan to fly over the vineyards.

The DGAC website did not provide a place to validate a provisional permit. I have been in constant contact with officials at DGAC and they have given me nothing but a hard time and aggravation. They are all burocrats who are afraid of their shadows. I sent them every single with of information they required. I have told them repeatedly that I was an amateur pilot and was flying for my hobby and recreation, would not fly over people or cars, etc. and had the USA certificate. The application and rules are 79 pages in Spanish only.

Dale

Hello Jorge:

I am grateful for your information. I have been to Santiago four times, to and from Patagonia, and to and from Antarctica. We have a private guide for one day in Santiago, and a private guide for one day in Valparaiso. In the Atacama, we are staying at Explora Lodge 4 days, and will have formal hikes and activities, and then I have two free days where I have rented a car. I intend to drive south to Ojos de Solar for astro photography, and outside of the city to fly the drone. We also are driving a rental car for a day in the wine region and lunch at a nice restaurant. I plan to fly over the vineyards.

The DGAC website did not provide a place to validate a provisional permit. I have been in constant contact with officials at DGAC and they have given me nothing but a hard time and aggravation. They are all burocrats who are afraid of their shadows. I sent them every single with of information they required. I have told them repeatedly that I was an amateur pilot and was flying for my hobby and recreation, would not fly over people or cars, etc. and had the USA certificate. The application and rules are 79 pages in Spanish only.

Dale
Come on, it's good that you've already had the experience of being in my country and having traveled through it, so you know very well what I'm talking about about interesting and beautiful places. I am sorry to read what you tell me about the DGAC and even more so that they do not have support in English to be able to carry out validation or permission procedures. I think your intention is to do things in order, with all the documentation that is required or required... but given the ineffectiveness of the officials of the DGAC office, there is not much to do. For your peace of mind, I tell you that here in Chile, although it is true that to fly drones you need a license, in the case of doing it in a professional and paid way, not so when it is recreational or as a hobby, the issue goes through the weight of the equipment. that you are using, in your case you tell me that you have a Mavic 2Pro and because of its weight, which is greater than 1 kg, it must be registered, that is what the regulations say, but believe me that very few people here do it, because most of the Sometimes, you fly in remote places and with very few people, which greatly reduces the risk of an accident with people involved, or private property. So if you can't get the documentation you are looking for, you just have to keep in mind when you fly here in Chile to do it in places where you can have the peace of mind that there is no risk to people or private property, in places like parks or sanctuaries of nature sometimes it is forbidden to fly drones, but that is relative, it is a matter of asking those in charge of those places to find out if it can be done or not. I hope you enjoy your visit to my country and that you have a very pleasant experience.
Greetings.!

George.

Thank you for your very kind help, Jorge. I always do fly like you mentioned. Away from people and in very isolated places. Here are a few images from our trip in 2006 to Toffees del Paine and to Cerro Torres and Mt. Fitzroy in Argentina.Cerro TorreDSC_0681.jpgFitzRoy and Cerro TorreDSC_0605.jpgLago Pehoe, Massif_Cuernos.jpg

Dale, what beautiful landscapes and beautiful shots you made of the Torres del Paine, they look incredible...! Torres, I'm glad and from what I see, you were able to enjoy those beautiful places in the south of my country, Chile 🇨🇱, but the north of my country also has its beauty.!!!...so I hope you can capture all its beauty when you visit my country with your wife. Greetings.!!..😊👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22