DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Remote Controller for the Air2 compatible with the Alr2S?

frcaloy

Reactions
Is the Remote Controller for the Air2 compatible with the Alr2S? Reason I ask is because the RC of the Air2S would start beeping an alarm every now and then. I have to calibrate the RC to cancel the alarm. It's a pain everytime. I am also afraid that the RC might fail during flight. For this reason, I am thinking of using my RC for the Air2.

Follow up question is why the Air2S' RC is behaving that way?

I may not remember this correctly but I am thinking that the 2S added some new communications protocol between the controller and the bird. If that is true then at a minimum the 2 controller would not be able to use them.

As I understand it, the Air 2 and Air 2S use the RC-N1 controller. The only difference could be the firmware version if not up to date. So if the RC keeps wanting to calibrate, there is a problem somewhere and should probably be looked into probably by DJI support.

Reactions: frcaloy
As I understand it, the Air 2 and Air 2S use the RC-N1 controller. The only difference could be the firmware version if not up to date. So if the RC keeps wanting to calibrate, there is a problem somewhere and should probably be looked into probably by DJI support.
Contacted DJI Support. Advised me to refresh RC firmware.

Reactions: twickers14
I've gotten the beeping many times in the past. Usually, the reason is the sticks get moved around while transporting or storing the RC. If you run the sticks up, down, left and right, there won't be any beeping when you power it up. It's always worked for me, otherwise the beeping will eventually stop and doesn't effect the flight as far as I've found.

Reactions: frcaloy
I've gotten the beeping many times in the past. Usually, the reason is the sticks get moved around while transporting or storing the RC. If you run the sticks up, down, left and right, there won't be any beeping when you power it up. It's always worked for me, otherwise the beeping will eventually stop and doesn't effect the flight as far as I've found.
I contacted DJI Support and was advised to refresh the remote firmware thru DJI Assistant. Let's see how that goes.

The beeping persists even after firmware upgrade in DJI Assistant. I used the RC-N1 of the Air2. It works, no beeping. But I don't know if the RC-N1 for the Air2 is limited to Ocusync 2 while the RC-N1 for the Air2S is Ocusync 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54