DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a better way to mount the CS?

There are things like PGYTECH Phone Pad Holder Stand Mount Dock Bracket Mount for DJI Mavic Drone AD | eBay but I think you would need a good one ( I have NO idea how good the linked one is, it was just an example) possibly in aluminium and trying to find the correct one can get 'expensive'.
There are also things such as seacraft controller tray | eBay
with patience I picked one up cheaply on eBay but it took several months for a sensibly priced one to appear.
How long can the seacraft tray be extended?

I don't really know how to answer that, perhaps the attached photos will help.
Have a look at
that is, I think a very good video.
I do not like the axle cross-piece that the tablet holder screws to. I think if I were mounting the tablet holder up there I'd make my own cross-piece that used the 4 holes at the top of the arms to secure it and thus prevent it rotating or make the cross piece in such a way that it has 'inbuilt' anti rotation stops.
It would be easy enough to drill holes in such a cross piece for lanyard attachment.
I didn't get the cross piece nor did I get the harness.

The other thing is an aluminium phone/tablet holder that fits in the controller's phone-wings, I don't remeber the brand and at the moment can't find the actual phone/tablet holder but the screw is 1/4 UNC (the camera equiment screwthread),

Attachments

• GL200A controller (dummy) on seacraft.jpg
    GL200A controller (dummy) on seacraft.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 0
  • GL200A controller (dummy) against seacraft.jpg
    GL200A controller (dummy) against seacraft.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 0
  • seacraft arm length.jpg
    seacraft arm length.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 0
  • seacraft width.jpg
    seacraft width.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 0
  • seacraft arm height.jpg
    seacraft arm height.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 0
  • between the phone wings Al frame of tablet holder 2.jpg
    between the phone wings Al frame of tablet holder 2.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 0
  • between the phone wings Al frame of tablet holder.jpg
    between the phone wings Al frame of tablet holder.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
How long can the seacraft tray be extended?
I am getting rid of the CS, and going to the tripltek. I did order some parts from Thor Drone world to try on the Mavic to change the set up. If it wasn't for that large amp it would be simpler to do. I really wished I had thought this threw a little better. Getting expensive getting new mounts for the P4, Mavic, and Autel Evo II. At this stage I don't think it will be worth the expensive. To late now though. Even thought about changing out the amp to the Alientech amp. It's smaller. But, this project is getting out of hand. Thinking I should of left things the way they were.

Being honest I can't understand why you want an after market antennae with what looks a Mavic 2 controller, unless perhaps you live in an area of high interference, I have yet to discover the range limit (over the sea) of mine my bottle goes before it even breaks a sweat.
No experience with the P4 nor the Autel
If you want 'rid' of the amp with the mavic 2 it might be simpler to just get another controller, if so try to get an RC1A rather than an RC1B, the latter do not create DAT logs. If you bide your time they can be bought fairly cheaply on the likes of ebay, I got one for £60, (that was a V good price I think)

Being honest I can't understand why you want an after market antennae with what looks a Mavic 2 controller, unless perhaps you live in an area of high interference, I have yet to discover the range limit (over the sea) of mine my bottle goes before it even breaks a sweat.
No experience with the P4 nor the Autel
If you want 'rid' of the amp with the mavic 2 it might be simpler to just get another controller, if so try to get an RC1A rather than an RC1B, the latter do not create DAT logs. If you bide your time they can be bought fairly cheaply on the likes of ebay, I got one for £60, (that was a V good price I think)
I fly in remote areas looking for game. Lot of those trees around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143