DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a (better) way to see what my control sticks are doing by using flight log data?

ninjafingers

Reactions
Viewing a flight log in the DJI Fly app, I know I can toggle the view of the controller sticks to see what they were doing while flying around. I'm trying hard to improve my precision with flying certain complex patterns, and I am wondering if there is a way to take the data from the DJI Fly app that is feeding those stick movement animations, and look at those with a higher level of detail than those tiny animations. I'm using the new RC Pro controller, and the sticks just seem very sensitive to me. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm BARELY pressing one of them UP while I am intending to only press it about 50% power to the left (but not up at all).

I'd love to see this in a more detailed manner than the DJI Fly app shows me on that overlay. Is there a better way than this (in the screenshot)? Flying an M3 if that matters. Thank you in advance for any assistance!

IMG_7095.jpg

Another option would be to upload your TXT flight log to my online log viewer or use Flight Reader. Both let you drag a slider to follow the flight path and see the recorded stick movements.

Reactions: ninjafingers
Airdata also provides this functionality. When you’re looking at any particular flight, click on the Notifications tab, then open the HD Flight Player. It will show you the stick movements throughout the flight. You can adjust the playback speed or click through the individual flight records one by one (at about 0.5 second intervals), and the stick positions will be shown.

Reactions: ninjafingers
Airdata also provides this functionality. When you’re looking at any particular flight, click on the Notifications tab, then open the HD Flight Player. It will show you the stick movements throughout the flight. You can adjust the playback speed or click through the individual flight records one by one (at about 0.5 second intervals), and the stick positions will be shown.
Everyone should be using this if they fly.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's input. I do use Airdata, but I'm relatively new to using it and didn't know about the HD flight player. That suggestion (thanks Wade) was helpful, as are the web-based log viewers. This (+practice) should all help nudge me in the right direction.

Reactions: Wade L.