DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a decent (free) editing software for a Surface?

Malpaso

Reactions
My Surface is way undersized for any of the "good" editing software like Resolve, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz and 8GB RAM. What are my free options short of a new computer?

I downloaded Openshot and started experimenting. Looks like it has all I need for my ability level. Thanks all for the suggestions.

I've started playing with KdenLive on my Lenovo Yoga which is likely similar to your Surface. I'm just a few hours in with some tutorials on YouTube and I almost have a sample project ready. I'm pretty pleased with the usability and features so far. Rendering is slow on this machine as expected but the workflow is not. I'll post my sample soon so you can all see what this little free program can do.

Thanks,
Chris

Reactions: Malpaso

Here's my sample video in KdenLive. I'm a long time owner of a Phantom 3 Advanced and recently upgraded to a Mavic Air 2! Lots has changed since the early Phantom days but just like back then, the forum has been so helpful.

Software has changed a lot also so I've been looking for good options. I don't have anything that will run Resolve well ad probably am not deep into the coloring scene enough to need that. So far it seems that KdenLive provides a bit more than the basics, but free and able to run on a fairly lightweight laptop.

The video is made from three clips by Rafael Moura found at pexels.com. I'm using simple fade transitions, simple titles, reversal of a clip, slowing of a clip, a motion tracking caption, and a soundtrack from the YouTube free library. This video was edited and rendered on a Lenovo Yoga 730. The editing was smooth and utilized proxy clips. The render time was 6:30 in 1080p 24fps.

Hope it helps someone!

Chris

Oh, and just before my MA2 arrived, I suffered a detached retina and am recovering from surgery. So, I haven't had a chance to take her out yet! That's why I'm using my time working on video skills.

Here's my sample video in KdenLive. I'm a long time owner of a Phantom 3 Advanced and recently upgraded to a Mavic Air 2! Lots has changed since the early Phantom days but just like back then, the forum has been so helpful.

Software has changed a lot also so I've been looking for good options. I don't have anything that will run Resolve well ad probably am not deep into the coloring scene enough to need that. So far it seems that KdenLive provides a bit more than the basics, but free and able to run on a fairly lightweight laptop.

The video is made from three clips by Rafael Moura found at pexels.com. I'm using simple fade transitions, simple titles, reversal of a clip, slowing of a clip, a motion tracking caption, and a soundtrack from the YouTube free library. This video was edited and rendered on a Lenovo Yoga 730. The editing was smooth and utilized proxy clips. The render time was 6:30 in 1080p 24fps.

Hope it helps someone!

Chris

Oh, and just before my MA2 arrived, I suffered a detached retina and am recovering from surgery. So, I haven't had a chance to take her out yet! That's why I'm using my time working on video skills.
Ok, so after 3 days the kdenlive interface completely died. I searched the internet for answers and found that this is a driver compatibility issue. So, I'm back to the drawing board looking for other good options.

Chris

Reactions: Malpaso
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242