DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a height that Quickshot 'Circle' won't work?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all,
I tried to do a quickshot circle a few days ago and was quite high so there was a lot of detail in view of the camera. I tried to do a circle and even though it started, it kept coming back to the starting position after, perhaps, 15 seconds or so. Is there a height that circles don't work, ie - it might have taken over a minute, or more, do do a circle of all the details on the screen.
Sorry if this isn't explained properly....

The camera has to be able to locate you in the shot, for the quickshot to work :)

Thanks, but I draw the square / rectangle like it says, and then press the start button and it doesn't move. Just had it again from really high up?

In the manual it say's the object that the drone is focused on has to be within 50m(150ft) of the drone for the quickshots to work properly. I've done an orbit around my house from about 150 - 200 feet up and it worked fine.

Reactions: Buel
Thanks, but I draw the square / rectangle like it says, and then press the start button and it doesn't move. Just had it again from really high up?
What are you drawing the 'square' around? The post above suggests that a circle of a house, a fairly large object even from 150 feet, worked. Maybe your object is too small?

This is brilliant, thanks, guys. Quick one - the higher up, the longer it will take?

This is brilliant, thanks, guys. Quick one - the higher up, the longer it will take?

I think it takes the same amount of time. If the drone is farther away from the object the radius of the circle will be larger. But the drone will move faster to accommodate to the larger circle it is making.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo