DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a limit on video recording time?

rpural

Reactions
I was going to video the “drive” around our block, and started a video recording, both via the switch on the controller, and via the trigger on the phone’s screen, and the recording starts... but then 15 to 20 seconds later, it shuts off. I couldn’t seem to get a longer recording than that. I tried switching batteries in the bird and it didn’t make a difference.

Anyone seen this or could explain this? Any help would be appreciated.

I was going to video the “drive” around our block, and started a video recording, both via the switch on the controller, and via the trigger on the phone’s screen, and the recording starts... but then 15 to 20 seconds later, it shuts off. I couldn’t seem to get a longer recording than that. I tried switching batteries in the bird and it didn’t make a difference.

Anyone seen this or could explain this? Any help would be appreciated.
Get a new SD card, one from a reputable source that says U3 or V30 on it

Oh and don’t get the Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB. There have been issues associated with that card in that exact size. Other sizes of the Sandisk Extreme Plus don’t have the same issue

Oh and don’t get the Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB. There have been issues associated with that card in that exact size. Other sizes of the Sandisk Extreme Plus don’t have the same issue
Spot on there bret8883. I've been having loads of issues lately and narrowed it down to the card you mentioned. Can you recommend a decent one please pref 64gb? Cheers

Reactions: Greenheadkiller
Get a new SD card, one from a reputable source that says U3 or V30 on it

This is the likely issue now that I think about it; I’d just gotten a new 1024mb card and had been using it. This was the first time I’d tried an extended video on it.

Spot on there bret8883. I've been having loads of issues lately and narrowed it down to the card you mentioned. Can you recommend a decent one please pref 64gb? Cheers
The main thing is you need to buy from a reputable source. I do as much Amazon and internet shopping as anyone but the proliferation in fake SD cards with almost no way to tell the difference this is one thing you should buy at your local Best Buy or camera store something like that.

The important thing is that it should say U3 or V30 or it. Some will have both some will have one or the other but it all means the same thing.

There’s tons of good brands as long as you get an authentic one but the Sandisk Extreme Pro or the Sandisk Extreme 64 GB (not to be confused with the Sandisk Extreme Plus) are the ones I use and I know to work well personally.

This is the likely issue now that I think about it; I’d just gotten a new 1024mb card and had been using it. This was the first time I’d tried an extended video on it.
Yea that’s certainly it. 1024 MB is an odd size. I can’t tell if you mean 1024 MB (aka 1GB) or 1024 GB (aka 1TB) either way it’s a weird size. It’s either really old or really new

Yea that’s certainly it. 1024 MB is an odd size. I can’t tell if you mean 1024 MB (aka 1GB) or 1024 GB (aka 1TB) either way it’s a weird size. It’s either really old or really new

1tb. I thought it’d be big enough that I wouldn’t have to worry about space.

1tb. I thought it’d be big enough that I wouldn’t have to worry about space.
Unfortunately the Mavic Pro only officially supports up to 64 GB cards. I think I’ve heard of people getting 128 GB to work but 1 TB isn’t gonna work I don’t think. Which one did you get? Photo would be great

Reactions: GregE
The mav has a recording time up to 20 mins normally if the card fast enough and the capacity allows it,else the recording time will been shorten.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S