DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a place for the Mini SE?

Reactions
It's weird that DJI would release the Mini SE which is pretty much a repackaged Mavic Mini. I see the appeal as it's an even more budget friendly mini-drone that even kids can fly. DJI probably wants to get rid of their old inventory which is weird since it's been over half a year since the Mini 2 got released. So my question would have too be if you think the Mini SE will be a "seasonal" product or if it would stick around for a couple of years? Also, will it be better for the target market (kids and ultra-beginners) to get the Mini SE or jjust splurge on a few more bucks and just get the Mini 2?

I think it is a Wal-mart exclusive.

It has a place.... just not for most of the forum users here. It is a price point product for Walmart customers.

I did note that it has the upgraded battery from the Mini 2, plus the new props that fixed the overload problem so there actually some advantages to the new model. There may be more but I don't think anyone has been able to do a full rundown yet. The controller could be argued as a step backwards as it limits range like the original Mini but has the monolithic size of the new controller.

It has a place.... just not for most of the forum users here. It is a price point product for Walmart customers.

I did note that it has the upgraded battery from the Mini 2, plus the new props that fixed the overload problem so there actually some advantages to the new model. There may be more but I don't think anyone has been able to do a full rundown yet. The controller could be argued as a step backwards as it limits range like the original Mini but has the monolithic size of the new controller.
Does anyone know if it would be an Occusync signal or the old wifi of the original Mini?

It's typical DJI stab the buyer Protocol - Since they are not getting the low end sales market buyers for their drones since DJI is 100% over-priced, they instead come out with the so-called Mini SE for $299 and stab all the loyal buyers who paid $500 for the same exact drone.

Fly Safe - Mike

stab all the loyal buyers who paid $500 for the same exact drone.
Prices go down on a lot of things. Example the TV I bought a year ago is now $300 less. Prices are higher when new to help cover the cost of R&D and other development overhead. Once that is paid off the price can (and should be) lowered.

If you think DJI is overpriced..... try flying some of the cheaper drones from the other brands. They will make you want to spend the extra money.

Reactions: Gary R
If you think DJI is overpriced..... try flying some of the cheaper drones from the other brands. They will make you want to spend the extra money.
Well, this is true! Trying out knock-off drones maybe 8 times out of 10 I'll be wishing that I'm using DJI.

It's weird that DJI would release the Mini SE which is pretty much a repackaged Mavic Mini. I see the appeal as it's an even more budget friendly mini-drone that even kids can fly. DJI probably wants to get rid of their old inventory which is weird since it's been over half a year since the Mini 2 got released. So my question would have too be if you think the Mini SE will be a "seasonal" product or if it would stick around for a couple of years? Also, will it be better for the target market (kids and ultra-beginners) to get the Mini SE or jjust splurge on a few more bucks and just get the Mini 2?
Weird that DJI hasn't officially announced it yet especially if it's a Walmart exclusive. Is it already available for sale?

May not be coming to the US.

The walmart website shows it out of stock, delivery not available, and not available for pickup.

It was allegedly offered for pre-order on Amazon US but that link is broken and a search for Mini SE does not return a relevant result.

Not very encouraging

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos