DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is There A Rhythm To DJI's Release Schedule For Fly App Enhancements / Firmware Updates?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I actually work in the world of software and I assume they have some cadence with sprints etc.. Just wondering if there is anything that has been noticed by anyone on their release schedules and or officially stated.

I am sure they don't make the road map for features public but would like to know when we might see some future enhancements.....

Did a little googling but figured id ask in here for people that have more experience with DJI over the long term.

Whenever they want, at their whim. Been that way since Day 1. Eventually, most major issues get resolved, but some never do. They prioritize bug fixes and features and enhancements that have been previously advertised, and 90% of the changes made in updates are not disclosed. We have to discover them on our own. Just don't hold your breath waiting for your pet peeve to be fixed. Unless it reaches critical mass, and warrants devoting scarce developer resources, it may be a while. If these issues concern you, best to wait until 6 months to a year after release of any new DJI product. That's when it becomes mature, and stable, just before the release of the next newest and greatest replacement! ?

Dji sprints are like full marathons, there is no way they are "Agile", they must use some form of ancient waterfall without any UT or UAT :D

what will be will be, however long it takes

I actually work in the world of software and I assume they have some cadence with sprints etc.. Just wondering if there is anything that has been noticed by anyone on their release schedules and or officially stated.

I am sure they don't make the road map for features public but would like to know when we might see some future enhancements.....

Did a little googling but figured id ask in here for people that have more experience with DJI over the long term.

Nearest I can tell they have no process.
It’s also hard to believe they have much of a QA system either.
The last update for smart controller had to be released 4 times. And still had bugs

hmm good to know i guess thanks all for responding.. I just want a few things like the rest... really like to see 8k hyper lapse get better than 6 second shots..

In terms of rhythm, syncopated might be an accurate description.

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000