DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to attach a GoPro on my Mavic Pro?

Pedro.FR2K

Reactions
I'd like to attach a GoPro on my Mavic because, well, why not?
Is there away to mount it under the drone without blocking most of the heatsink or airflow? I know it is going to cause a lot of drag so I'm keeping myself at low speeds.

I'd like to attach a GoPro on my Mavic because, well, why not?
Is there away to mount it under the drone without blocking most of the heatsink or airflow? I know it is going to cause a lot of drag so I'm keeping myself at low speeds.
I have a PGYTECH connector for my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm not sure if they make them for the other Mavics but I bought mine from Amazon. You will need an adaptor too but these are cheap to buy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PGYTECH-Co...726&sr=8-1&keywords=pgytech+mavic+2+connector

I have one too but bear in mind this snaps onto the top of your Mavic 2 and the OP asked for one below. Don't think there is one like that.

Im using a GoPro like camera- you have to mount it on top towards the front and point it downwards to get ground shots, Im also going to disconnect my lens and sensor and extend it with a cable to mount it underneath and leave the body on top to get Nadir (straight down) oriented shots.

Last edited:
I think the bottom swings up so it "might not" interfere with landing? I am thinking about a 360 degree camera and would want it bottom mounted. I would probably hand catch and I have really bad shoulders (2 surgeries) and can not hold my arm out and keep my elbows close to my body. I did my first hand catch yesterday and it was easier than I thought.

I think the bottom swings up so it "might not" interfere with landing? I am thinking about a 360 degree camera and would want it bottom mounted. I would probably hand catch and I have really bad shoulders (2 surgeries) and can not hold my arm out and keep my elbows close to my body. I did my first hand catch yesterday and it was easier than I thought.

I meant auto landings may be risky, and it does not look like it swings sideways so any drift during a manual landing would be problematic- plus, it looks like it also could obscure the rear sensors when it swings up backwards or hit the gimbal if it swings forward and cause an issue when landing.

You are right, hand catching would be best.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, and yes, I’ll be hand catching the drone all the time.
The purpose of the GoPro is to record some behind the scene shots for a movie reel I might be doing this year.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair