DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to "desensitize" the Pan (left joystick L/R)?

rfc

Reactions
Mavic 2 Pro.
I've come to learn that, even in Tripod mode, the left joystick L/R that pans the aircraft (or the camera; not sure which) is still way way too fast for super slow smooth pans.
Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of just this axis way down such that full travel of the joystick results in a very slow pan?

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Does the Mavic 2 Pro have a Cine mode? I'd use that, and use gentle inputs only on the stick.

Mavic 2 Pro.
I've come to learn that, even in Tripod mode, the left joystick L/R that pans the aircraft (or the camera; not sure which) is still way way too fast for super slow smooth pans.
Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of just this axis way down such that full travel of the joystick results in a very slow pan?
See if this article will help you

Last edited:
Reactions: pchaps and dirkclod
Beat me 😀 maybe try tripod mode. I just if wanting to do a Stationæry360 use my thumb at the bottom of the stick and press my thumb down to keep it at the speed I want. It holds the stick if that makes sense .

You can change the sensitivity via
3 dot memu -> quadcopter-symbol ->scroll down to advanced settings -> sensitivity.
The range is 50% to 250%, it seems the default might be 75%,
I tried 75% & 50% in tripod mode and saw no difference between them, about 15 second for an complete spin at max rate.
In P mode there was a discernable difference.
The above said use fine control of the stick and you can get it REALLY slow.

Last edited:
You can change the sensitivity 3 dot memu -> quadcopter-symbol ->scroll down to advanced settings -> sensitivity range = 50% to 250%, it seems the default might be 75%, I tried 75% & 50% in tripod mode and saw no difference between them, about 15 second for an complete spin at max rate.
In P mode there was a discernable difference.
The above said use fine control of the stick and you can get it REALLY slow.
Thank you. I'll take a look at that setting. The problem with using tripod mode to slow things down is that often I'm flying towards the subject at a good clip, and want only to slow down the yaw axis. Tripod slows everything down.

Because the joystick has no detents, it's very hard to "push it only a little" and maintain that position for a long time (without my thumb cramping up lol).

I remember, in my R/C days, my Kyosho controller had a switch that would turn the joystic from "absolute" to "relative". Using it that way, you could add some yaw in with the joystick, then let it snap back to center, while the aircraft continues to yaw. To stop the yaw, you'd input opposite joystick. Could probably be done with this controller, but it'd be way above my paygrade to attempt it.

I've not spent a lot of time messing with these settings on my Mavic 2, but there is a section for EXP, but perhaps this video might help:

Hmmm cramp could be a problem.
Some sort of moulded 'pusher' that could be dropped over the stick and its gimbal when a long duration constant stick displacement is needed but which would be flicked out of the way by a manual stick input perhaps?
It would probably need to be tethered to the controller so that a 'flick' does not result in its being lost.

Because the joystick has no detents, it's very hard to "push it only a little" and maintain that position for a long time (without my thumb cramping up lol).
Guess I didn’t explain good enough. Say I’m doing a right 360. .
I will start it before where I want it to start. Then using the side of
my thumb against the stick while my thumb is pressing down when
i hit the speed I want I press down with my thumb to lock the speed. i don’t fly with my fingers on top of the sticks. I push them
with the sides or end of the thumb.

Reactions: Ranger
Guess I didn’t explain good enough. Say I’m doing a right 360. .
I will start it before where I want it to start. Then using the side of
my thumb against the stick while my thumb is pressing down when
i hit the speed I want I press down with my thumb to lock the speed. i don’t fly with my fingers on top of the sticks. I push them
with the sides or end of the thumb.
Interesting. I just tried that, but placing my thumb forward (and to the left) of the stick, then just rotated the first knuckle towards the stick. Because the thumb isn't hovering at the top of the stick, cramping is not likely to occur.
I'll take that technique for a spin on a flight soon. Thank you Sir.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom