DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to lower the amount of battery the dji app takes up? (Apple)

Clare_G101

Reactions
Since I've gotten my mavic and downloaded the app, my phone seems to loose battery a lot quicker from it. Of course an option is to not fly as much, but like, any other options? Thanks!

It is going to use battery since you are viewing video full screen, caching to the phone, logging to the phone, tracking the little GPS window and feeding settings to the RC and Bird, as well as just running the application. Many suggest force stopping any other things running in the background. Going to airplane mode to disable phone calls etc.

I recall asking about variations in battery use for my windows phone, and it turned out to be the GPS, so turning off location services solved my issue. I do this now by default when using DJI GO unless I specifically need to use 'follow me', which I believe is the only thing that uses it.

On android it might be worth going in the app manager and "force close" the app sometimes.

Recent android versions usually have a kind of "power manager" that does this for you automatically.

Reactions: rydfree
^ What he said . Even if you close the Go4 app , go to settings/apps and you will probably see it still running in the background . I need to force close mine after I use it each time or my battery life sucks .

Nobody's mentioned this, but Android also will continue to use the GPS function until you swipe the app away using the "recent apps" button/feature. It'll def drain battery sitting there on GPS while not being used.

To save battery power, on my 6s, i go into "Low Power Mode" and then after I've downloaded and cached the Maps and I've made sure my RTH location is correct, i go into "Airplane Mode" to save battery. I also kill all background apps. This allows me to use the iphone at full brightness and it removes notification distractions.

To save battery power, on my 6s, i go into "Low Power Mode" and then after I've downloaded and cached the Maps and I've made sure my RTH location is correct, i go into "Airplane Mode" to save battery. I also kill all background apps. This allows me to use the iphone at full brightness and it removes notification distractions.

That (what I bolded above) is probably the best reason (for me) to use airplane mode. I hate them notifications while flying.

Have you tried turning off background app refresh for the DJI app? That will prevent it from pulling location data in the background.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty