DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there any reason why I can't use my fast charging smartphone's charger with the Mini 2's controller?

RotatingBirds

Reactions
I use my smartphone's charger to charge my mini 2's controller - the smartphone is a fairly new Motorola and its charger will fast charge that.

I can't imagine that using this to charge the Mini 2's controller is going to cause any problems as the battery management circuitry should regulate what it's using, but I'm curious if there's a reason why I shouldn't charge the controller this way?

The same applies to charging the batteries (even though I use the two way hub for that and the wall plug that was provided with it).

I've looked online and found assorted answers but couldn't find one specific to using a fast charger so it seemed like a good idea to ask here.

I agree won’t hurt it but could charge slower. If you look on the charger you should see the available output volts and amps combinations it can deliver and match that to what’s on the DJI chargers. The remote is in all likelihood going to be compatible for fast charging but the one for the batteries may not be

Reactions: RotatingBirds
No, it will not cause any problems. Modern USB charging protocols, in particular Power Delivery (PD 2.0) will not charge at all if it can't negotiate a power plan.

Reactions: RotatingBirds
My one thought is that DJI warns that we should only use a supplied DJI charger. They are white with DJI embossed on the side. I found another one today. But I do think you could have problems if you use a fast charger to get ahead of the game.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent