DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this a good deal on a Mavic 2 Pro?

BirdsEyeGrafx

Reactions
I use a Mavic Mini 2 at work for photos and video of outdoor events. Someone within the company came up to me after the last flight I did and asked if I would be interested in a Mavic 2 Pro. I asked how much he wanted and he said $500! Sounded too good to be true, so I thought maybe he didn't know what kind of Mavic he had. He showed me pics and confirmed that it's a Mavic 2 Pro. He said he's flown it less than 10 times, but on a few of his last flights, he got the "Gimbal overheating" message. This sounds like a great deal if it's an easy fix like maybe some dust or dirt or a stuck fan. Should I buy it and see if a thorough cleaning with some compressed air will fix it? Any ideas on what a repair might cost if I need to send it in to DJI.

it sounds a great deal if as you say its just something thats impeding the gimbal from moving correctly ,only issue is that the whole gimbal camera assembly is one of the most expensive parts to replace if it is faulty ,see if you can get an estimate for that eventuality just in case

Reactions: Droniac
I had a problem with a Phantom that was somewhat similar...someone directed me to this ebay seller...who I believe is a member here...I would contact him and ask if he can take care of your issue...he took care of mine

Reactions: Droniac
I use a Mavic Mini 2 at work for photos and video of outdoor events. Someone within the company came up to me after the last flight I did and asked if I would be interested in a Mavic 2 Pro. I asked how much he wanted and he said $500! Sounded too good to be true, so I thought maybe he didn't know what kind of Mavic he had. He showed me pics and confirmed that it's a Mavic 2 Pro. He said he's flown it less than 10 times, but on a few of his last flights, he got the "Gimbal overheating" message. This sounds like a great deal if it's an easy fix like maybe some dust or dirt or a stuck fan. Should I buy it and see if a thorough cleaning with some compressed air will fix it? Any ideas on what a repair might cost if I need to send it in to DJI or Thunderdrones (never used them but someone in another forum recommended them).
If you need to send it off I would Highly recommend

He is a member here as well as a vender. Have used them several times. Make a ticket with them and they will send a shipping label
and if you don’t care for the Qoute he will send it back all on their
dime.

Also there are a bunch of vid's on YT outlining how to fix if ribbon issue and other assorted issues. I watched the one on the ribbon replacement on the Pro 1 and it's a bit time consuming. might check some of those out. I wonder if you can get a estimate without sending in the unit. did you get a log of the problem from the owner?

New here so keep that in mind with my input... ;)

If you need to send it off I would Highly recommend

He is a member here as well as a vender. Have used them several times. Make a ticket with them and they will send a shipping label
and if you don’t care for the Qoute he will send it back all on their
dime.
I loved the recommend to the pilot with gimbal issues but N.Jersey is nice and close and he being a member cherry on the cake. I’m keeping the info from his site. Most impressed by the site and your words good enough for me. Now all I have to do is.... crash? Lol. But I’ve done my share of backpacking and some other occupations that draws me to preparedness. Great referral. Thanks as always. Godspeed

I had a Mavic 2 Pro gimbal issue and tried to have it repaired by contacting several of the suggested companies on our forum that do repairs but almost all of them just wanted to replace the entire Gimbal and camera which will cost you $650 and upwards, depending on who you send it to.

In the end I sent it to DJI and the repair was $345 so bear that in mind. If any of the companies you send it to wants to do a complete replacement of camera and gimbal, don't do it, just send it directly to DJI trust me, it took months going to different repair places and still no luck. I thought using an independent repair place would be cheaper than direct to DJI but in the end, it was best to send it directly to DJI.

I’ve had good luck sending a few phantoms to dji that were under warranty but with 1 Mavic we argued for a month and just had them send it back. I wouldn’t recommend sending nothing to them that
was out . The Co. I recommend Steive is a good guy and @BigAl07
will recommend them also as he uses them.
To say any Co is going to want to just do a complete replacement
might been your case but saying to just send it to dji is a little
extreme . Hopefully the OP has better luck than you did.
We shall see ?

I've had great success with DJI Drone Service for a few years now. Fortunately I don't "need them" very often but the 3x I have they were EXCEPTIONAL in their Communication, Customer Service, Repairs, and Pricing. They took excellent care of my product(s) and I have even purchased "spare parts" from them. They set the Customer Service bar VERY high!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Allen

I’ve had good luck sending a few phantoms to dji that were under warranty but with 1 Mavic we argued for a month and just had them send it back. I wouldn’t recommend sending nothing to them that
was out . The Co. I recommend Steive is a good guy and @BigAl07
will recommend them also as he uses them.
To say any Co is going to want to just do a complete replacement
might been your case but saying to just send it to dji is a little
extreme . Hopefully the OP has better luck than you did.
We shall see ?
I spent the money to post to two places suggested in this forum and spoke with two others by phone and sent photos. I sent photos of the one slightly bent gimbal arm. The camera was perfect. Three out of four said they would suggest replacing the entire gimbal and camera because they didn't like to do gimbal work. They offered their pricing to replace the entire system, which ranged from $650 to $765 plus postage costs. The fourth one did the repair but it was not 100% fixed. They tried again and after two flights their replaced part failed, so I sent it to DJI.

I spent the money to post to two places suggested in this forum and spoke with two others by phone and sent photos. I sent photos of the one slightly bent gimbal arm. The camera was perfect. Three out of four said they would suggest replacing the entire gimbal and camera because they didn't like to do gimbal work. They offered their pricing to replace the entire system, which ranged from $650 to $765 plus postage costs. The fourth one did the repair but it was not 100% fixed. They tried again and after two flights their replaced part failed, so I sent it to DJI.

It's not at all uncommon for "precision" components to get replaced in whole assemblies rather than spend the time, expense, and liability to replace/diagnose individual components. They are in the business to turn a profit and spending tedious hours usually won't pay off for a disposable item like our aircraft.

Odds are DJI did the same thing but just pulled a complete gimbal assy from their vast inventory of "slightly used" components. Most non-DJI repair facilities don't have the luxury of an almost limitless supply of "spare" components to chose from.

Reactions: dirkclod and DDS
It's not at all uncommon for "precision" components to get replaced in whole assemblies rather than spend the time, expense, and liability to replace/diagnose individual components. They are in the business to turn a profit and spending tedious hours usually won't pay off for a disposable item like our aircraft.

Odds are DJI did the same thing but just pulled a complete gimbal assy from their vast inventory of "slightly used" components. Most non-DJI repair facilities don't have the luxury of an almost limitless supply of "spare" components to chose from.
I completely agree and since we the customers are the ones footing the bill, that was the reason I suggest sending to DJI because that $300 plus dollar repair was far easier on my wallet that paying out $7-800 for the same drone result. Plus DJI mark their labour cost as $65 an hour which is fair and in keeping with most independents labour charges.

If you want to FIX a gimbal dji may be your best bet as they usually just swap the whole drone out w/ a refurb
they have a huge edge as they can send the defective equipment back to the country of origin were they pay techs $200 per month 7 days a week 12 hr shifts to bring back as a refurb.....Not a level playing field but glad ur up and running...

If you want to FIX a gimbal dji may be your best bet as they usually just swap the whole drone out w/ a refurb
they have a huge edge as they can send the defective equipment back to the country of origin were they pay techs $200 per month 7 days a week 12 hr shifts to bring back as a refurb.....Not a level playing field but glad ur up and running...
That's precisely what I said. DJI is probably the best bet for a gimbal fix. And I completely agree with you, it is not a level playing field for you independents and we are glad that you guys are around, so that DJI don't have the monopoly on repairs and start to gouge.

Reactions: DDS
I use a Mavic Mini 2 at work for photos and video of outdoor events. Someone within the company came up to me after the last flight I did and asked if I would be interested in a Mavic 2 Pro. I asked how much he wanted and he said $500! Sounded too good to be true, so I thought maybe he didn't know what kind of Mavic he had. He showed me pics and confirmed that it's a Mavic 2 Pro. He said he's flown it less than 10 times, but on a few of his last flights, he got the "Gimbal overheating" message. This sounds like a great deal if it's an easy fix like maybe some dust or dirt or a stuck fan. Should I buy it and see if a thorough cleaning with some compressed air will fix it? Any ideas on what a repair might cost if I need to send it in to DJI.

Amazing deal if it’s the fly more package. That repair could cost the same as buying a refurbished one straight from DJI.

I crashed my pro 2 and the camera cable destroyed. I put a zoom head assy for 350 and it works. I ordered parts for the gimbal to repair. Parts were hard to find. Ordered from ebay China. Part came in now I have to take time to repair it. Good videos on YouTube for repairs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada