DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this a stupid time to upgrade from the Air2 to the 2S?

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
With the upcoming changes from the FAA in September, will the 2S become much devalued soon? I would like the improved camera, especially in low light, and the additional sensor. Will DJI bring the 2S up to code with a simple firmware release (RID)? I am very happy with my Air2 but have a friend that really wants to buy it from me. The Mavic 3 is more than I want to spend and there’s the GPS acquisition issues. I know none of us has a crystal ball, but what’s your opinion?

DBEZ, the RID is hardware, I don't think a firmware update will fix it. BUT! I purchased the 2S/RC Pro combo right after Christmas, moving from a Mini 2. ABSOLUTELY worth it!! Get the combo, it is so much nicer than the old controller. you will love it!

A firmware fix might be in the works (who knows!?) but aftermarket accessory add-ons are also in the works as well. You should be able to retrofit an A2S with RID, as well as other drones.

Sell the Air2 and buy a refurbished Air2s. The refurbs are no different than "new" and you can save a few hundred $$.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Faster
With the upcoming changes from the FAA in September, will the 2S become much devalued soon? I would like the improved camera, especially in low light, and the additional sensor. Will DJI bring the 2S up to code with a simple firmware release (RID)? I am very happy with my Air2 but have a friend that really wants to buy it from me. The Mavic 3 is more than I want to spend and there’s the GPS acquisition issues. I know none of us has a crystal ball, but what’s your opinion?

they are basically the same drone. If you cannot capture certain footage with air2, then it is not like you will be creating professional footage for nature channel with air2s

Reactions: RobertR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000