DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this for real?

The company is real, and the ad is real, but they are the same company that was behind the Hover and Hover 2, which apparently screwed a lot of people over that invested in their kick starter. So who knows if it'll make it to market or not. I personally don't see how two props could be an advantage, or how it gives it a 50min flight time, yeah you have two less motors and props cutting weight and drag, but they admit in the article their battery is bigger than a standard drone that size, plus you have two less propulsion units. What do I know though, maybe they'll pull it off..lol.

• Wow
Reactions: brandon 1
The company is real, and the ad is real, but they are the same company that was behind the Hover and Hover 2, which apparently screwed a lot of people over that invested in their kick starter. So who knows if it'll make it to market or not. I personally don't see how two props could be an advantage, or how it gives it a 50min flight time, yeah you have two less motors and props cutting weight and drag, but they admit in the article their battery is bigger than a standard drone that size, plus you have two less propulsion units. What do I know though, maybe they'll pull it off..lol.

It's an interesting take on the problem how to get more flight time for a cinematic drone. If they can actually deliver on the product, it would be a real competitor for DJI. The comments for their Kickstart project would seem to indicate that there are problems getting their drones to market.

The main disadvantage of bi- or tri-copters is the need for mechanics and servos, making them much more vulnerable in case of a crash than copters with 4+ rotors.

Reactions: JAW

I just put a $100 deposit down. It's a $100 risk but the price is $699 VS $999 later. I think the discount is only available through the end of the year. I bought it because its different, not counting on it being better. I will report after (if) I get it.

Who knows but it looks enticing, less motors means less power consumed meaning longer flight times... I'm glad new ideas are coming out. It does look promising for the quick read over I did of the link you supplied..

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Who knows but it looks enticing, less motors means less power consumed meaning longer flight times... I'm glad new ideas are coming out. It does look promising for the quick read over I did of the link you supplied..
I don't think so. Don't underestimate the power needed for that 2 hard working servos. Together with the stronger motors needed for providing same lift as 4 motors do, power consumption might be lmost equal in total.

For Sale

brooklynbridge.jpg

I'm with JAW. It would be foolish to give this company ANY money until it freely shows a physical working prototype instead of just a CG video. With an expected shipping date of February 2020, that working prototype should have existed MONTHS ago. Where are the videos showing it in operation?

This thing has about as much chance of getting released in the next YEAR as I have of becoming the Pope.

Mark

Reactions: Shon
Where are the videos showing it in operation?
This thing has about as much chance of getting released in the next YEAR as I have of becoming the Pope.
Hail Pope Mark ... Here's a video of the drone being flown at what looks like a Press Conference ...

Hail Pope Mark ... Here's a video of the drone being flown at what looks like a Press Conference ...

they have a long way to go with the flight time blink and you miss it

It is a step on from a CGI film however ...

Reactions: old man mavic
I'm with JAW. It would be foolish to give this company ANY money until it freely shows a physical working prototype instead of just a CG video. With an expected shipping date of February 2020, that working prototype should have existed MONTHS ago. Where are the videos showing it in operation?

Mark

Interesting for sure, I will look for it at CES in a few weeks.... if I go.

I believe there is some (real) footage of it flying at the :55 mark in their promo video, but yes, would like to see way more of it in actual flight. I like the concept.

Last edited:
Lot of promises to keep and yet the prototype doesn't meet the specs yet. Why not just wait until you have it working before putting out specs. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50