DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this knockoff(?) eBay Mavic Pro camera/gimbal worth buying?

wsalopek

Reactions
I need to replace my ribbon cable and camera mount (flew into a tree...duh)...this camera saves me the time of replacing the ribbon cable (right?), but is this camera/gimbal worth it? Is the camera good? The gimbal itself? Anyone tried one of these? Thanks...

It's got the correct DJI part number on the cable.

Wow...good observation.

And...I put a question into the seller...I'll report back what he/she says.

Wow...good observation.

And...I put a question into the seller...I'll report back what he/she says.
Definitely not a new part if legit. If anything, it is refurbished.
I have replaced many of these and they come in well made DJI OEM packaging.
Ask the seller if it is original DJI Packaging?5EC90269-E0D4-4F4A-AFD0-51C7E8A21079.jpeg

Last edited:
Towards the bottom it says, Camera, Board, Mount & Screws. I bet none of that's included? Good price if it is??

I need to replace my ribbon cable and camera mount (flew into a tree...duh)...this camera saves me the time of replacing the ribbon cable (right?), but is this camera/gimbal worth it? Is the camera good? The gimbal itself? Anyone tried one of these? Thanks...

I just finished an install of just what you seem to need. It cost me $25ish and a couple hours time. You will still to replace the mount and do a tear down of the drone.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lowell, thanks for that... Yeah, I ordered those parts and will be attempting surgery soon (mount $10, ribbon cable $15).

Did you find a couple good repair videos that you liked? I've found a couple but not sure they are the best.

Lowell, thanks for that... Yeah, I ordered those parts and will be attempting surgery soon (mount $10, ribbon cable $15).

Did you find a couple good repair videos that you liked? I've found a couple but not sure they are the best.
I liked this one best.
Watch as many as you have time for while you are waiting for the parts.

Also, if you don't have tools for small repairs, Amazon has a nice kit.
A good work light with magnifier is also useful.
I made do with my tools and ordered the set afterward. The spreader tools and the pry off tools look like what's in the videos and a 1.5mm hex bit would be much better than the L shape Allen wrench I used.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Hey Charlie, Ive seen pictures of the backside, where the connector is, Is that thermal paste? or just that same rubberized adhesive DJI uses to hold down esc wires and other places? Is thermal paste needed anywhere in the back of camera lens that you showed?

It is their rubberized adhesive
Not to worry the connector are a firm snap in fit so no need for the factory sealant just take care in lining them up and a good firm press you can feel them snap into the connection mount. cR

Reactions: charliesRig

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu