DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this normal result for osmo pocket?

chrisna.cas

Reactions
recently i made a video with featuring osmo pocket at the area that has mix landscape, it has stairs, different ground height. I noticed that the video was a little bit shaky. is that a normal result for osmo pocket? if not.., what should I do to make for correction? is there any setting to minimize shaky result? by the way...this is the video that I made
any advice would be help...thanks

Reactions: mnis
Chris: Yes, that is normal and the reason is, the OP isn't heavy enough to give your hand/arm muscles any resistance. Consequently, the slight movement of your arm/hand when walking is visible. The only two suggestions I have are to 1) Use something else like a small tripod or very short selfie stick that will give some heft to the package while you're moving or 2) Barring that, hold your hand close or touching your chest while walking.

Enjoyed the video and stills and I especially liked the shutter sound you added, thanks for the tip. :) But, I would break the video down into shorter clips. Keep up the good work!

Chris: Yes, that is normal and the reason is, the OP isn't heavy enough to give your hand/arm muscles any resistance. Consequently, the slight movement of your arm/hand when walking is visible. The only two suggestions I have are to 1) Use something else like a small tripod or very short selfie stick that will give some heft to the package while you're moving or 2) Barring that, hold your hand close or touching your chest while walking.

Enjoyed the video and stills and I especially liked the shutter sound you added, thanks for the tip. :) But, I would break the video down into shorter clips. Keep up the good work!
Thanks @kilomikebravo for your advice, i was afraid of something like gimbal errors that comes to my OP. I don't see much shaky image or video on my osmo mobile 2, compare to my OP. I would do your advice in my next video..

As a viewer of the video, I find these up and down movements not that bad. Of course that's just my opinion...

But with pans to the right or left, I repeatedly discover micro-jerks on different playback devices. I can see that with recordings of my DOP, but also for example with this video shown here.

I know YT compresses uploads, so it's not the quality of the original anymore, and the different playback devices give different results when decompressing / adjusting the resolution.

That's why I ask myself:
What would be the optimal settings for universal uploads without much effort in post-processing? Is Full HD with a double frame rate of 25 ... 50 / 30 ... 60 sufficient, or should you always work with the maximum possible?

Basically, I think that many playback devices cause micro jerks during playback due to performance limitations.

I am an absolute beginner regarding photography / videography, do not want to become professional, just need some basic knowledge :)

Reactions: chrisna.cas
recently i made a video with featuring osmo pocket at the area that has mix landscape, it has stairs, different ground height. I noticed that the video was a little bit shaky. is that a normal result for osmo pocket? if not.., what should I do to make for correction? is there any setting to minimize shaky result? by the way...this is the video that I made
any advice would be help...thanks

Ken Heron addresses this issue, with a solution.

Stebil: Good tip, I had forgotten about Ken's clip on the 3D-printed holder. It did help but as I recall, it didn't eliminate it completely as a more expensive gimbal rig would. Then again, my few remaining brain cells can't hold more than a few kilobytes anymore. Probably ought to watch it again. <chuckling>

Update: Did exactly that and the "Z-Axis" rig did improve the OP's "wobbliness" substantially and while the result may not be quite as good as a full-fledged, DSLR gimbal, it was pretty darn good IMHO.

So much for MY memory. :)

A good idea to add the Z axis. But I think that makes the Osmo Pocket something that is contrary to the great pocket principle.

Anyone who needs this will use a more powerful camera on this Z-axis monster anyway :)

I love designing special things for special purposes, and then printing them. For example, useful things that may not be available in the market anywhere else can be created at home. It eliminates the often tedious way to a specialized dealer.

3D printing gives you another way to quickly make imaginary designs into usable objects. But I think this adapter will not be the solution to the shaking problem for many DJI Osmo Pocket fans.

Rather, it is a so-called island solution :)

As a viewer of the video, I find these up and down movements not that bad. Of course that's just my opinion...

But with pans to the right or left, I repeatedly discover micro-jerks on different playback devices. I can see that with recordings of my DOP, but also for example with this video shown here.

I know YT compresses uploads, so it's not the quality of the original anymore, and the different playback devices give different results when decompressing / adjusting the resolution.

That's why I ask myself:
What would be the optimal settings for universal uploads without much effort in post-processing? Is Full HD with a double frame rate of 25 ... 50 / 30 ... 60 sufficient, or should you always work with the maximum possible?

Basically, I think that many playback devices cause micro jerks during playback due to performance limitations.

I am an absolute beginner regarding photography / videography, do not want to become professional, just need some basic knowledge :)
@mnis I use double frame rate than usual, before this usually I use 24 fps for cinematic and then I noticed there was some quality reduction after upload. Now I use 48 fps, then I see some improvement in video quality. the video play smoother than 24 fps. that's my opinion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123