DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?

jbeggin

Reactions
Newer Mavic Pro owner here. About two-ish weeks ago I was taking off with my drone for my second flight ever when it suddenly began spinning uncontrollably and crashed. Heart dropped, blood pressure went up, and then I saw it. The rear left wing was broken. I had literally flown this **** thing for about 5 minutes my first flight, then this **** happens within a 30 second timeframe on the second flight.

No props were broken, camera was fine, just the one wing broken. Out of pure freak out mode, I jammed the wing back into the Mavic to see if maybe it would just slide in. I was able to get it in with just a little exposure of the break from the outside, and it actually flew perfectly fine. Even though it worked for the next flight, I was afraid it would pop out mid-flight and do more damage.

I didn't know what to do because I was in the process of getting insurance on it through State Farm, and I had heard how awful DJI customer service was if you didn't have Care Refresh, which I did not because I was going to get SF insurance. I contacted DJI on January 15 to set up a case number and the local DJI repair center received it on January 22nd. On January 24, I received an invoice from DJI saying the product was under warranty and that they would fix it for free (a $153 fix).

Moral of the story is that maybe DJI customer service isn't that bad after all, maybe they have changed recently, or maybe it was something mechanically wrong with my drone and they just decided to fix it. I just wanted to share my successful transaction with DJI customer service and hope some other people will have the same luck. I will be receiving mine in the mail tomorrow, so I am pumped!

Also, has anyone had this happen to their drone? Through research, it seems similar to a crash if you don't have the propellers on all the way, but none of mine flew off so I feel like that wasn't it. No se!

Glad you had a positive experience with DJI customer service and also posted that. Appreciated

You were lucky. Guys, buy lottery tickets I once won money
Maybe. Idk, it just seemed like a very smooth transition. While DJI might have terrible customer service, I feel like only the people that have issues are the ones talking about them. Also, having worked in retail and other jobs in the past dealing with customers on a regular basis, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people give DJI **** when they are simply expecting too much of them.

I obviously don't know if this is the situation, but I just wanted to post about my experience so maybe some people who had reservations about sending their drone to DJI will just do it. Even if they would have charged me the $150+ I still would have been satisfied with the quick turnaround of only nine days from them receiving the drone until I get it back.

Reactions: zero1981
I have both DJI Refresh and State Farm. I plan too use DJI refresh for crashes (if any) and State farm for a fly away or theft . I doubt State Farm will allow too many claims before they kick ya to the curb, especially first year insured.

I have both DJI Refresh and State Farm. I plan too use DJI refresh for crashes (if any) and State farm for a fly away or theft . I doubt State Farm will allow too many claims before they kick ya to the curb, especially first year insured.
Good call. I didn't get Care Refresh because I heard it didn't cover as much as State Farm did and just the horror stories from DJI customer service were a turn-off. This situation just sucked because I had already talked to the State Farm agent and was in the process of getting the insurance, just needed to get proof of purchase sent to them and pay for it. Luckily, DJI covered it and only the one wing broke.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun