DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue connecting smart controller to WiFi ?

kingsolomon12

Reactions
I have a Magic 2 Pro with smart controller. I can log onto my home 2.4ghz WiFi but not the faster 5.8ghz. I feel this is a new issue and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if there is another way to connect to the 5.8ghz ? Appreciate the help in advance :)

I saw the same thing at first as my 5GHz network SSID was not being displayed. I connected to the 2.4 and it worked, while it was on I then found in WiFi that my 5GHz network was available so I changed to that and saved that connection. I've had good luck but it does take a few to see the SSID, at least it did come up for me...

Reactions: ff22
I saw the same thing at first as my 5GHz network SSID was not being displayed. I connected to the 2.4 and it worked, while it was on I then found in WiFi that my 5GHz network was available so I changed to that and saved that connection. I've had good luck but it does take a few to see the SSID, at least it did come up for me...
I do see my 5ghz network and I can connect to it so that it shows it’s saved but it never actually gets a connection ?

Pull out the passcode or option for 2.4. See if it auto connects to the 5!?

I just tried what you guys mentioned above but unfortunately still did not connect to the 5ghz. Shows saved but won’t connect, 2.4ghz connects with no problems ? Funny thing is it used to connect to the 5ghz with no problems, not sure what changed, any ideas ?

King,

You probably have already checked, but sometimes my computer will switch to the 2.4 ghz even though the 5 ghz ssid shows up and I can't connect to the 5G for a while. Something in the router seems to give the 5g a break.

What router!? If it’s a Netgear, take OFF the smart connect!!! Other wise, if it has security, try removing it. Worst case, reset then both, and reset up. Networking is a trick. But many components in line can cause a no connect. Make sure your not MAC address connect only too. If you are the 2.4 and 5 have different MAC address... they are two different radios.

Reactions: TampaTC
Unfortunately still no luck, please let me know if anyone finds a solution to this & thank u guys as always :)

I have no idea what you got going on bud. Really... I just set mine new one up... and first thing i did after registration, was to install play store. I will say.... when I first setup, it would not see the 5.1 or 5.8 band. I just hit the 2.4 cause I was excited. then took a few to instal google play store... got that up and working. Went back to check my internet... cause I remember your problem. I then saw the 5.1 band and 5.8 (kid you not) like pop right out. And I have a Netgear... smart connect off.. my SSID is very close, but all 3 different. Connected to them like nothing.
What do you have on your remote for apps!? Has it been registered yet?

Also I found the reset of network settings.... try that.... then connect to the 2.4 if nothing else is shown... try restarting... I’m seeing this AM my play store needed an update as well... but for giggles, I’ve connected to the 5.8 band this AM. So, I have connection across the 3 bands...

How long have you had the remote!? If it’s fresh, maybe try a full reset! I had issues with play store till I removed that one app, and reinstalled.
Op, please let me know if this still is an issue! Also, check all you settings and advanced settings!

The root problem was your home WiFi Access Point’s security settings were too tight and preventing it to permit additional devices to be connected without intervention, nothing to do with the DJI device.

it’s great you resolved it on your own.

Reactions: Jaymaharg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123