DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue: sun shade and gimbal yaw movements

RallySoob

Reactions
I got a new sun shade for my camera by Fstop and it works great until you turn and the camera yaws left/right automatically.

I was told that FPV mode is what makes it move left and right when you hit the yaw stick when its parked(not flying but powered on) . I changed it to follow mode and fpv mode both do the same thing.. make it yaw a lil but.. any help?

2b8a5165e7e57550d6f96946126ede40.jpg
7dd04db65676b82554fd11f8f2d870e8.jpg
5e1e0bf9ac3eb86eae9b5f88f76c4de8.jpg

The setting your looking for is in the Gimbal settings. I forget the name for it but it turns off the camera turning that leads into turns. I have the f-stop hood too. Wasn't an issue for me. But I make slow smooth turns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: jointeffort
So is it hitting or u see it in camera?? I have the injection moulded shade coming from f/stop. Yours must be the 3D print model.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Its not hitting the camera no it is just moving into the range where the sun shade shows up on the camera covering about 1/4 of the screen... usually only when i fly fast and do hard turns so it still serves its purpose as a sun shade for taking shots because you wont be zooming around but still i hoped to keep it on as a camera protective shield so i dont want it showing up on screen at all

Please verify what setting exactly i need to find and change to fix this? Someone on the forums here told me the camera moves from being in fpv mode but thats not the case... i have tried so many settings and spent 20 minutes or more in menu a few different times. Im stumped!

So is it hitting or u see it in camera?? I have the injection moulded shade coming from f/stop. Yours must be the 3D print model.

Mine is not the 3d printed model bro thats obvious by looking at it is it not? ... and its the latest fstop batch i had wait 2 week preorder to get it. It looks like a oem clear cover thats been cut /sanded & painted professionally

Reactions: Islandguy27
The setting your looking for is in the Gimbal settings. I forget the name for it but it turns off the camera turning that leads into turns. I have the f-stop hood too. Wasn't an issue for me. But I make slow smooth turns.

It will be an issue if you do some fast flying in sport mode... try it and let us kno

Ill post a vid hold on...

Reactions: mangospoops
This was exactly my concern in buying one of those. If there is a setting to stop that, I am not aware of where it is at (sorry). I thought it was built in, to make for smoother transitions.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi!

For fast flying, you will see the lens hood - in the DJI App settings, you can change your yaw to be slower. It was a tradeoff that we had to make to either make the lens hood bigger or offer less sun-shielding.

Reactions: RallySoob
Hi!

For fast flying, you will see the lens hood - in the DJI App settings, you can change your yaw to be slower. It was a tradeoff that we had to make to either make the lens hood bigger or offer less sun-shielding.

Ok cool. Like i said it still serves its purpose as a sun shade when getting nice shots toward the sun and what not just don't use it for recording when sport mode fast flying or if you edit vids it wont matter much cuz you wont be using the shots that are swinging around at speed anyhow. I'll still be using mine a lot thanks for making this. I hope I didnt cause any sales issues with this thread cuz its a great product , truly.. i figured i just needed to adjust a setting my bad

Mine is not the 3d printed model bro thats obvious by looking at it is it not? ... and its the latest fstop batch i had wait 2 week preorder to get it. It looks like a oem clear cover thats been cut /sanded & painted professionally

Sorry bro!! I was under the impression that f/stop started shipping the injected moulded ones yesterday. I too have been waiting weeks.

I saw a video tutorial by Bo, the fpvguy, and he showed that when the MP is set into FPV mode, the slight left and right yaw movements are eliminated and the camera is locked into the straight ahead position.

The function in setting is a toggle switch called gimbal follow or something like that.

It's used to turn the gimble slightly in the direction of yaw for smoother video.

Reactions: RallySoob
3272d9efae4441c5c52b8cdfe89b075e.jpg

Try to disable Sync gimbal pan follow

Oh nice Im so happy! This was the fix guys it has nothing to do with fpv mode at all :p

I cant believe i overlooked that pan follow option that is obviously the one i wanted. Wow maybe i was looking too hard. I hope the Fstop guy gets this info so he can put a note along with his product to remind customers about this setting.

I made the change, tested it out and indeed the gimbal is now no longer yawing when i steer the yaw stick. You can do the test for yourself without firing up the motors...

*reason why being i often record while in sport mode and use the shade for more than just shading, its great for camera/gimbal protection too. Now i can use it every flight

Thanks again fellas

Last edited:
Reactions: jointeffort
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser